Recognized since 2017
Alicia is a Principal in the Dispute Resolution & Litigation Team.She is an Accredited Specialist in Commercial Litigation in Queensland and Victoria, a Nationally Accredited Mediator, graded arbitrator and has over 18 years’ experience as a lawyer.
Alicia assists clients to understand the implications of the matter in which they are involved, the options available to them for resolution and works to achieve cost effective outcomes.
She has acted for ASX listed companies, large proprietary companies, SME businesses, directors and officers, regulators and liquidators.
In 2017, Alicia was first included in The Best Lawyers™ in Australia for her work in Litigation in this peer determined category.
Alicia’s practice focuses on three predominant areas:
- commercial litigation, corporations, and insolvency;
- regulatory actions; and
- competition and consumer including a special interest in franchising and small business.
Significant actions in which Alicia has been involved include:
- representing a vendor in a dispute with the purchaser over the sale of an $88 million business in the Federal Court of Australia;
- representing a franchisor and its directors in an action brought by a group of franchisees in the Federal Court of Australia (Victorian registry);
- representing a bankruptcy trustee in an action brought by a listed financial institution to set aside a deed of composition in the Federal Court of Australia (South Australia registry) where allegations were made about the trustees' conduct;
- representing a business to negotiate enforceable undertakings with the ACCC in relation to perceived misconduct permitting the continued trade and conduct of the business;
- acting for a company to defend a $50 million class action brought in the Federal Court in respect of a failed agricultural machine involving cross-claims against the manufacturers; and
- representing a receiver and manager in the Supreme Court of Queensland to obtain injunctive relief preventing the sale of livestock assets by former partners of the partnership to which the receivers were appointed.
- Tower Two, Collins Square
727 Collins Square, Level 22
Melbourne VIC 3008
- Pronouns: She/Her
- Law Institute of Victoria - Accredited Specialists Board
- FINSIA - Fellow
- ACCC Consultative Committee for Small Business and Franchising - Member
- ARITA - Member
- FCA 2016 NFC Legal Symposium Organising Committee - Chair
- State Chapter of the FCA Committee - Member
- Admitted to the Supreme Court of Queensland (2001) and the High Court of Australia
2023 Who's Who Legal - Australia and New Zealand - Franchising
- 2013 Griffith University Outstanding Alumnus Nominee
- 2013 Franchise Council of Australia Award for contribution for franchising
- 2010 Lexology Legal Writing Award for Commercial Litigation category article
- 2010 Franchise Council of Australia Award for Professional Legal Writing
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.