Alice Tseng is recognized as one of Canada’s leading lawyers specializing in regulatory and marketing/advertising matters, particularly in the pharmaceutical, cannabis, food, medical device and cosmetic industries. She has been practising for over two decades, and is uniquely qualified as a pharmacist, lawyer and patent agent.
Alice’s expertise in the pharmaceutical industry includes biologics, controlled drugs and substances, immunotherapy, orphan drugs, vaccines, OTC drugs and natural health products.
In her advertising and marketing practice, Alice has extensive experience advising clients in highly regulated industries on a variety of matters including social media initiatives, trade disputes, and marketing programs for patients and healthcare professionals.
For life sciences and pharmaceutical clients, Alice also advises on a wide range of regulatory and healthcare compliance matters including:
- Reimbursement and pricing (including rebate, interchangeability and procurement issues and agreements with public and private insurers),
- Healthcare compliance (including value-adds, corruption issues and interactions with healthcare professionals),
- Product safety (including product recalls),Privacy (including personal health information and privacy breaches), anti-spam, grey market goods, access to information / freedom of information,
- Federal regulatory matters (including challenging Health Canada decisions) and
- Provincial regulatory matters (including scope of powers for healthcare professionals and insured services).