Recognized since 2014
Corporate and Mergers and Acquisitions Law
Partner and head of Carey’s Corporate / TMT (Telecoms, Media & Technology) Group. His practice focuses on corporate and business law, financing, mergers and acquisitions and, specially, on all the regulatory and transactional aspects related to the telecommunications, media and technology industry, including the Telecom law and other regulations, concessions, licenses and permits, and state contracts. Mr. Silva has been appointed representative and/or board member of several multinational companies operating in Chile, including banks.
Activities and Memberships
- Past Co-chair and current member of the Advisory Board, Communications Law Committee, International Bar Association.
- Member of the Legal Committee of the Chilean British Chamber of Commerce.
- Director of the Chilean Direct Selling Association (2021-2023).
- Member of the Chilean Bar Association (since 1988) and member of its Ethics Committee (2009).
- Member of the Cambridge Society of Chile (since 1993) and director of the same (2009-2016).
- Visiting professor of the Master of Informatics and Telecommunications Law, Universidad de Chile (2005, 2007 and 2009).
- Assistant professor of Administrative Law, Universidad de Chile (1985).
- Author of the Chilean chapter about Telecoms and Media, Getting the Deal Through (2000-2019).
- Co-author of the article "The Potential Impact of Blockchain and Smart Contracts in the Chilean Telecommunications Market", Communications Law Newsletter, International Bar Association (2018).
- Co-author of the article "Analysis of the New Chilean Telecoms Regulation on Multiband Homologation and Certification of Mobile Devices", Communications Law Newsletter, International Bar Association (2017).
- Co-author of the article "International Roaming: Should it be regulated by NRAs and its cost reduced?, Communications Law Newsletter, International Bar Association (2016).
- Author of the article "New Communications Antenna Law in Chile", Communications Law Newsletter, International Bar Association (2013).
- Co-author of the article "The New Telecoms Antenna Law", Chilean Legal Report, Chilean-British Chamber of Commerce (2012).
- Co-author of the article "Amendments to Telecommunications Law in Chile", Chilean Legal Report, Chilean-British Chamber of Commerce (2011).
- Active participant in the IBA Telecom conferences.
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lawyer Page: https://www.carey.cl/en/resume/alfonso-silva/
- Isidora Goyenechea 2800, Piso 43
- Chile, Bar Association of Chile
- Communications Law, Santiago, Chile (2019)
- Communications Law
- Corporate and Mergers and Acquisitions Law
- Media Law
- Technology Law
- Recognized as Lawyer of the Year in Communications Law. Best Lawyers (2019).
- Recognized in Telecommunications Law; Corporate and M&A, and Technology Law, Best Lawyers.
- Recognized in Thought Leaders Global Elite and Thought Leaders: Data, Who's Who Legal.
- Recognized in Data: Telecoms & Media/Information Technology, Who’s Who Legal.
- Recognized in Telecommunications and Media, Chambers Latin America.
- Recognized in Telecommunications and Media, Latin Lawyer 250.
- Recognized as Best Individual Lawyer in Telecommunications, Client Choice Guide (2017).
- Recognized in Telecommunications and Media, Legal 500.
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.