Recognized since 2018
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Mass Tort Litigation / Class Actions - Defendants
Personal Injury Litigation - Defendants
Product Liability Litigation - Defendants
Alex Walker has an active civil litigation practice representing business clients in all types of complex cases in both state and federal courts. He has substantial experience in defending personal injury and products liability cases, and regularly defends companies in litigation over medical device failures, prescription drug injuries, and other products-related litigation, as well as various other types of bodily injury and death claims. In addition, Alex frequently represents businesses in commercial disputes and other litigation matters, including class actions, insurance coverage disputes, and employment discrimination claims. His experience includes a wide variety of jury and non-jury trials, arbitrations, mediations and appeals.
Recognized as Future Litigation Star in New Mexico since 2012 by Benchmark Litigation, Alex has also received recognition from Best Lawyers in America® and Southwest Super Lawyers®. He has achieved an AV® rating, the highest rating possible, from Martindale-Hubbell based on a peer review.
The corporate clients with which Alex works are some of the largest and most recognizable business enterprises. He has represented, among others, Walgreen Co., GlaxoSmithKline, Intel Corporation, Johnson & Johnson, La Quinta, Medtronic, Progressive Insurance, Merck & Co., Brown & Brown, Inc., BNSF Railway Co., Amtrak, C.R. Bard, Allstate Insurance, CVS, Lloyds of London, St. Jude Medical, and Zimmer, Inc.
Originally from Kansas, Alex graduated cum laude from Trinity University in San Antonio, Texas. After working as a counselor at a residential treatment center, a call center representative, and a day laborer, Alex returned to the classroom, obtaining his J.D. from the University of Texas School of Law. He is admitted to practice before all courts in New Mexico, and also is admitted in Texas state courts. Alex is a shareholder in Modrall Sperling’s Albuquerque office and serves on the firm’s Executive Committee.
- 500 Fourth Street, NW, Suite 1000
P.O. Box 2168
Albuquerque, NM 87103
- 123 East Marcy Street, Suite 201
P.O. Box 9318
Santa Fe, NM 87504-9318
- The University of Texas at Austin , J.D., graduated 2002
- New Mexico, State Bar of New Mexico
- Texas, State Bar of Texas
- United States, U.S. District Court for the District of New Mexico
- United States, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit
- New Mexico Defense Lawyers Association (NMDLA) - Editorial Board Member, Past
- Defense Research Institute (DRI) -
- Law Access New Mexico - Past Board Member
- ALS Association New Mexico Chapter - Board of Directors 2012-2018
- Campfire USA New Mexico Chapter - Board of Directors 2004-present, Board President 2006-2008
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2023 for work in:
- Mass Tort Litigation / Class Actions - Defendants
- Personal Injury Litigation - Defendants
- Product Liability Litigation - Defendants
- Southwest Super Lawyers® (derived from a lawyer survey), 2014-present; Southwest Rising Star, 2012
- New Mexico Business Weekly, 40 Under Forty, 2011
- Martindale-Hubbell AV® Preeminent rating, based on a peer review
- Benchmark Litigation, The Definitive Guide to America’s Leading Litigation Firms and Attorneys, recognized as Future Litigation Star, 2012-present
- Benchmark Litigation, The Definitive Guide to America’s Leading Litigation Firms and Attorneys, Under 40 Hot List, 2016
- Best Lawyers in America® in Product Liability Litigation-Defendants, 2018
- Best Lawyers in America® in Litigation-Land Use and Zoning, 2018
"Alex Walker is an approachable, common sense lawyer with effective and non-confrontational skills. His work in depositions and in the court room is low-key and highly successful."
- Doug Frank (WD Sports), Port Aransas, TX
"Alex Walker has quickly distinguished himself as one of the most talented lawyers in a firm already brimming with excellence."
- Jon Stanford (Office of the U.S. Attorney), Albuquerque, NM
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.