Alejandro "Alex" Brito
Recognized since 2006
Coral Gables, Florida
Litigation - Real Estate
Alex obtained his J.D. degree from the George Washington University in 1996. Currently, Alex litigates franchise disputes, general commercial disputes and trade secret disputes in state and federal courts. In addition, Alex has handled numerous franchise and commercial disputes in arbitration proceedings throughout the country. Alex has also served as an arbitrator in actions between franchisees and franchisors. He is a member of the Florida Bar and is admitted to practice in Unites States District Courts for the Southern District of Florida, Middle District of Florida, Northern District of Illinois, and the Eastern District of Wisconsin, as well as the United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit, Sixth Circuit, Ninth Circuit, and Eleventh Circuit.
Alex has been recognized in "The Best Lawyers in America" publication since 2006, and awarded by Super Lawyers since 2014. He also consistently receives an AV Preeminent Peer Review rating of "AV" by Martindale-Hubbell, indicating the highest level of legal ability and ethics. Alex has been recognized in the South Florida Legal Guide's Top Lawyers and Florida Trend Magazine's Legal Elite. In addition in 2010, Alex was a Finalist for the Most Effective Lawyer in Miami, as awarded by the Daily Business Review and was also named one of the "Top 20 Professionals Under 40" by Brickell Magazine. In 2022, Alex is a Fellow of Litigation Counsel of America, The Trial Lawyers Honor Society.
Since joining Zarco Einhorn Salkowski & Brito, P.A., Alex has authored several articles discussing legal issues at the forefront of the franchise industry. Alex has also been a co-presenter at the ABA Franchise Forum on several topics: "Rediscovering Subjectivity: Does the UCC's Open-Price Doctrine Offer New Theories for Reining in Discretion and Filling In Gaps In Franchise Contract Rights," (2007), "Litigating Incurable Defaults," (2010), "False Advertising In Franchise Systems" (2013), "Vicarious Liability in Developing Areas" (2016) and "Effective Witness Preparation" (2019).
Alex has also had the privilege of serving as a Director and Lifetime Fellow of the Florida Bar Foundation, a 501(c)(3) public charity, and the only statewide organization that provides financial support for legal aid and promotes improvements in addressing the civil legal needs of the poor.
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Direct Phone Number: 305-614-4071
- Phone Number: 305-614-4071
- Lawyer Page: https://www.britopllc.com
- 2121 Ponce de Leon Boulevard
Coral Gables, FL 33143
- Gender: Male
- George Washington University, graduated 1996
- Florida International University, graduated 1993
- Florida, Florida, 1996 U.S. District Court Southern District of Florida U.S. District Court Middle District of Florida U.S. District Court Northern District of Illinois U.S. District Court District of Connecticut U.S. Court of Appeals 5th Circuit U.S. Court of App
- American Bar Association Forum on Franchising, Member Florida Bar, Media and Communications Law Committee Florida Bar, Antitrust, Franchise, & Trade Regulation Committee Cuban-American Bar Association, Member Dade County Bar Association, Member American A - Member
- Florida, 1996 U.S. District Court Southern District of Florida U.S. District Court Middle District of Florida U.S. District Court Northern District of Illinois U.S. District Court District of Connecticut U.S. Court of Appeals 5th Circuit U.S. Court of App
- Commercial Litigation
- Franchise Law
- Litigation - Real Estate
“The Best Lawyers in America” Franchise Law and Commercial Litigation 2006 – Current
“Florida Super Lawyers” 2014 – Current
Fellow, Trial Lawyers Honorary Society by the Litigation Counsel of America (LCA), Since 2022
America's Top 100 High Stakes Litigation
“Top 50 Verdicts in Florida” 2016
Chambers USA National Ranking in Franchising (mainly Franchisee)
“AV” Preeminent Peer Review rating, Martindale-Hubbell
“Most Effective Lawyers” Daily Business Review, 2010
“Top Lawyers in South Florida,” South Florida Legal Guide, 2009- Current
“Legal Elite,” Florida Trend Magazine, 2009- Current
“Legal Eagles,” Franchise Times Magazine, 2014- Current
“Up and Coming Attorneys in Florida,” Florida Trend Magazine, 2006
Who’s Who Legal: Franchise 2015- Current
- Corporate Law
- Litigation - Construction
- Litigation - Intellectual Property
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.