- Partner of Carey and co-head of the firm´s Litigation Group. His practice focuses on civil and commercial litigation and administrative and environmental regulatory litigation. He also has experience in domestic and international commercial and investment arbitration.
Activities and Memberships
- Visiting Attorney, International Arbitration Office, Herbert Smith Freehills, New York (2013-2014).
- Member of the Training and Continuing Education Committee of the Chilean Bar Association.
- Professor of Civil Law, Universidad de Chile (since 2003).
- Professor of Civil Law in several Chilean universities in undergraduate and graduate programs.
- Professor of the qualification and training program, Academia Judicial de Chile.
- Professor of Introduction to American Law, Master of International Contracts, Universidad de Chile and American University Program.
- Program Director, Seminar of Tort and Contractual Liability program, Universidad de Chile.
- Co-author of the chapter "Chile: Trends and Developments" in the Chambers Global Practice Guide: Litigation, Chambers and Partners (2019).
- Co-author of the article “Some Elements of the Constructor’s Civil Liability. Special Emphasis in Fast Track Contracts.” Revista Chilena de Derecho Privado, Fundación Fernando Fueyo Laneri (2018).
- Author of "Courts and Environmental Actions", Lecture Series, Chilean Bar Association (2017).
- Author of the article "Tort Liability of Finance Leasing Companies", published in Studies of Private Law in recognition to Professor Gonzalo Figueroa Yáñez, Editorial Jurídica de Chile (2008).
- Author of the book "From the Civil Liability to the Damage Law and Civil Prevention of Damages", LexisNexis Chile (2004).
- Author of several legal papers in Chilean and foreign law reviews.