Alberto Ibort Franch
Recognized since 2019
Land Use and Zoning Law
Alberto joined Pérez-Llorca in 2011, after several years of practising law. In 2020 he was made partner of Pérez-Llorca’s Public Law practice area. In 2021 he was named managing partner of the Urban Planning and Environmental practice areas at a national level. Alberto has been recognised for years as one of the leading land planning and environmental lawyers in Spain by the main international legal directories such as Chambers and Partners, The Legal 500 and Best Lawyers®, having contributed significantly to the exponential growth of these practices over the last decade at Pérez-Llorca.
- 2010 Executive Master’s degree in Business Law, Centro de Estudios Garrigues & Harvard Law School
- 2008 Degree in Law, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid2008 Degree in Business Administration, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid
As a partner in the public law practice area, Alberto boasts extensive experience in advising national and international companies, developers, investment funds, financial institutions, family offices, land planning entities and public administrations on all types of matters and operations with special complexity in regulatory, land planning and environmental matters, offering comprehensive and personalised advice to his clients.
As noted by international directories, Alberto Ibort Franch earns praise for his “great analytical skills and his ability to summarise matters. He is able to determine the real substance of the problems and bring effective and practical solutions”. In particular, his main areas of activity are the following:
- Land planning: Drafting and monitoring land planning instruments (e.g. general plans, partial plans, re-plotting projects and urban planning agreements). Representation, advice and management as secretary of urban planning entities (e.g. compensation committees and urban conservation entities). Coordinating reports on urban planning and strategic legal planning of urban developments, shopping centres, logistics facilities, environmental regeneration projects and public works. Urban planning analysis of sale and purchase plots of land and real estate assets, as well as land value enhancement, refurbishment and reconstruction.
- Environmental law: Legal advice in terms of evaluation, prevention, management, waste management and environmental responsibility, including the coordination of reports relating to various jurisdictions. Advice, supervision and management of environmental authorisations, permits and licences for the development of industrial activities.
- Infrastructures and construction: Legal advice on national and international consulting projects for the execution, management and development of cross-border real estate and infrastructure projects General legal and litigious advice for the implementation and financing of national and international infrastructure and advice to listed companies on the design and development of all types of real estate and technology projects.
- Litigation: Defending companies, funds, developers and natural persons before public administrations and Courts and Tribunals, with a wide range of experience in the search for out-of-court solutions.
Academic and Publishing Collaborations
Alberto frequently lectures on planning, environmental and administrative law at prestigious academic and economic institutions, such as:
- CEU Business School: “Executive Master’s degree in Land Planning and Zoning” (MUOT) and “Course focused on Planning, Land Management and Licensing”.
- CIARE: “How to Stand Out as a Professional Land Manager”.
- The Madrid Bar Association (ICAM): “Expert Programme in Land Planning and Real Estate Development”.
- Real Estate Business School: “MBAi Inmobiliario” Master’s degree since 2017.Escuela de la Edificación: “Asset, Property & Real Estate Management” Master’s degree
- Moderator at the Land Planning Conference: “New developments in Madrid” (Pérez-Llorca 2019).
- Lecturer at the Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Madrid (CAM): the latest developments of the new electronic notifications and digital signatures regime regarding the new Law 39/2015.
Alberto Ibort has published has published more than 30 articles in numerous leading specialist journals and publications focusing on the most relevant and topical aspects of land planning, the environment, construction and infrastructures, such as:
- El Economista – Iuris & Lex.
- Revista de Derecho Urbanístico y Medio Ambiente.
- Revista Agua y Medio Ambiente.
- Revista de Obras Públicas.
- Wolters Kluwer – Iuris.
- El Vigía. Logística y Transporte.
He is one of the co-authors of the book “Medidas Cautelares y Ejecución de Sentencias en la Litigación con Administraciones Públicas” published by La Ley (2015), as well as the author of the chapter on the particular characteristics of these measures within the field of Land Planning. He is currently the director of Pérez-Llorca’s land planning newsletter.
Alberto Ibort Franch features in various legal directories such as:
- Chambers Europe (since 2017): ‘Planning’.
- Legal 500 (since 2020): ‘Public Law’, and ‘Environment’ (Next Generation Partners).
- Best Lawyers® (since 2019): ‘Environmental Law’ and ‘Land Use and Zoning Law’.
- Iberian Lawyer (2020 and 2021): nominated as one of the iberian best lawyers for Spain and Portugal in the infraestructures and construction field.
Contact & Links
- Paseo de la Castellana, 50
- University Carlos III de Madrid, Law and Business Administration Degrees, graduated 2008
- Spain, Madrid Bar Association
- Pérez-Llorca - Head Partner of Planning, Land Use, Zoning and Environmental Law
112 The Best Lawyers in Spain™ awards
26 Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch in Spain™ awards
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in Spain™ 2023 for work in:
- Environmental Law
- Land Use and Zoning Law
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.