Recognized since 2013
Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights / Insolvency and Reorganization Law
Al Gomez is a partner in the Tampa office of Johnson, Pope, Bokor, Ruppel & Burns, LLP. The majority of his practice is in the area of bankruptcy law, insolvency, assignments for the benefit of creditors and all other aspects of debtor/creditor law. He has represented clients in all aspects of bankruptcy representation and insolvency matters (debtors, creditors, trustees, assignees, receivers, purchasers, etc.) since 1990. His practice has primarily focused on the commercial and corporate aspects of bankruptcy and insolvency law, but he has remained active representing clients in consumer related cases as well.
Al is AV rated by Martindale Hubbell and has been listed as one of Florida’s “Legal Elite” in Florida Trend Magazine. Al has been selected as a Florida “Super Lawyer” by Law & Politics publication and as one of Florida’s “Top Attorneys” in The Wall Street Journal.
All aspects of Debtor Creditor Law (Bankruptcy, Chapter 11, Chapter 7, Chapter 13, Assignments for the Benefit of Creditors and Receiverships) Litigation - Bankruptcy (Workouts, Restructurings, Compositions, etc.)
Please visit my firm's website for representative sample: www.morsegomez.com
Contact & Links
- Lawyer Page: https://www.jpfirm.com/people/alberto-f-gomez-jr/
- 401 East Jackson Street, Suite 3100
Tampa, FL 33602
- Stetson University , J.D., graduated 1988
- University of Florida, BA, graduated 1985
- Florida, The Florida Bar
- American Bankruptcy Institute - Member
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of Tampa Bay - Former Board Member
- Consumer Protection Law Committee - Member
- Federal Bar Association - Member
- Hillsborough County Bar Association - Member
- Hillsborough County Bar Foundation Board of Trustees, 2013 – 2014 - Board Member
- St. Michael’s Legal Center - Board Member
- Stetson Law Review, 1987 – 1988 - Member
- Tampa Bay Bankruptcy Bar Association - Member
- Admitted to The Florida Bar in 1989; U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida, 1989; U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida, 1990; U.S. District Court, Northern District of Florida, 2011
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2023 for work in:
- Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights / Insolvency and Reorganization Law
- The Best Lawyers in America© since 2013, in the fields of Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights / Insolvency and Reorganization Law
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.