Partner of Carey and co-head of the firm’s Natural Resources and Environmental Group. His professional practice is focused on water law, natural resources transactions and litigation, agribusiness, corporate law and commercial law. Additionally, he leads the Carey’s China Desk.
Activities and Memberships
- Member of the Board of the Chinese Chilean Chamber of Commerce, Industry and Tourism.
- Chilean Association of Water Utilities Sector Lawyers.
- Vice-Chair of the Environmental Committee, Inter-Pacific Bar Association.
- Founder and current Chair of Asociación de Energías Marinas (ADEMAR).
- Professor of LL.M. in Water Law, Universidad Católica de Chile (2014).
- Foreign Associate, Projects and Corporate Groups, Herbert Smith Freehills, Melbourne and Perth (2005-2006).
- Assistant Professor of Civil Law, Universidad del Desarrollo (1999-2002).
- Assistant Professor of Civil Law, Universidad Católica de Chile (1998).
- Co-author of the Chilean chapter in China Trade and investment in Latin America, The Legal 500 Guide (2020).
- Co-author of the Chilean chapter in Legal Environment Report of the "Belt and Road" Countries, Volume III, Peking University Press (2018).
- Author of several articles in the field of natural resources law in specialized legal journals and financial publications.
- Lecturer in seminars and conferences in the field of natural resources law.