Recognized since 2005
- Counsel for State Insurance Guaranty Fund
- Counsel for area College in Litigation and Business Matters
- Lead Counsel in several multi-party insurance coverage disputes
- Tried numerous jury trials to verdict
- Represents numerous businesses in commercial disputes
- Represented manufacturers in design defect cases
- Represented accountants in malpractice actions
- Represented Health Care professionals in malpractice actions
- Prosecuted and defended securities claims
- Represented numerous alleged potentially responsible parties in CERCLA actions
- Managing Partner: Whiteford, Taylor & Preston L.L.P. (1999 - June 2009)
- Chair: Higher Education Practice, Whiteford Taylor & Preston L.L.P.
- AV Peer Review Rated: Martindale-Hubbell
- Director: Harford Mutual Insurance Company
- Board of Trustees: McDaniel College
- Chair: University of Baltimore School of Law Advisory Counsel, 2007 - 2009
- Listed as a "Local Litigation Star" in Benchmark Litigation: The Definitive Guide to America's Leading Litigation Firms and Attorneys, 2010
- Listed in Best Lawyers in America, 2005-present
- Listed in Maryland Super Lawyers, 2007 - 2010
- Recipient: The Daily Record's Leadership in Law Award (2006)
- Author: The Owned Property Exclusion: Rules of Contract Interpretation Versus Public Policy, ENVIRONMENTAL CLAIMS JOURNAL, Vol. 9, No. 3/Spring 1997
- University of Baltimore School of Law (J.D. 1981, cum laude)
- McDaniel College (B.A. 1978)
Named "Lawyer of the Year" by Best Lawyers® for:
- Education Law, Baltimore (2017)
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2023 for work in:
- Commercial Litigation
- Insurance Law
- Education Law
- Complex Litigation
- Leadership In Law (Daily Record) 2007
"Mr. Mezzanotte has represented this corporation in his capacity as general counsel for approximately 25 years. His integrity is beyond reproach and he has a natural affinity to resolve complex situations. He exudes self-confidence in his representation and deliberations. He has always been highly responsive and motivated toward our needs. Mr. Mezzanotte is a very effective negotiator and excellent trial counsel. I would evaluate him as an outstanding and caring individual, as well as an exceptional lawyer."
"Albert Mezzanotte treats me as if I am his only client."
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.