Recognized since 2003
Litigation - Environmental
Litigation - Insurance
Alan S. Miller has more than thirty-eight years of experience in complex litigation and counseling, concentrating in the areas of environmental law, insurance coverage and bad faith, and commercial litigation. He chairs the firm’s Environmental and Energy Law practice and the Insurance Coverage and Bad Faith Litigation practice.
Alan’s environmental law practice has involved counseling, litigation and alternative dispute resolution of matters involving municipal, residual, and hazardous waste permitting and compliance, contribution and cost recovery actions under CERCLA and related state statutes, claims for natural resource damages, contamination from leaking underground storage tanks, air and water pollution regulatory permitting and enforcement actions, oil and gas drilling compliance and transactions, and real estate transactions involving contaminated and recycled industrial sites.
Alan’s insurance law practice involves representing insurance companies in a wide array of coverage disputes, both before litigation and in court, arising out of commercial liability, property, medical professional and personal lines policies, including disputes over coverage for claims involving construction defects, exposure to toxic substances, product defects, major property losses, professional liability, infringement of intellectual property rights and violations of consumer protection laws.
Prior to entering private practice, Alan served as a trial attorney with the Environmental Enforcement Section, United States Department of Justice, and as an Assistant Counsel with the Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Resources. He is a frequent lecturer and author of materials for continuing legal education courses in the areas of environmental law and insurance coverage.
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Direct Phone Number: 412-288-4004
- Lawyer Page: https://www.hh-law.com/professional/alan-s-miller/
- Three Gateway Center, 22nd Floor
401 Liberty Avenue
Pittsburgh, PA 15222
- George Washington University, J.D., graduated 1982
- Washington University in St. Louis, graduated 1978
- Pennsylvania, U.S. District Court for the Middle District
- Pennsylvania, U.S. District Court for the Western District
- Pennsylvania, U.S. District Court for the Eastern Districe
- United States, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circiut
- Pennsylvania, Pennsylvania
- Allegheny County Bar Association - Member
- DRI - The Voice of the Defense Bar - Member
- Pennsylvania Bar Association - Member
- Environmental Law, Pittsburgh (2024)
- Litigation - Insurance, Pittsburgh (2023)
- Energy Law, Pittsburgh (2021)
- Litigation - Environmental, Pittsburgh (2020)
- Energy Law, Pittsburgh (2019)
- Litigation - Environmental, Pittsburgh (2017)
- Litigation - Environmental, Pittsburgh (2013)
- Environmental Law, Pittsburgh (2011)
- Energy Law
- Environmental Law
- Insurance Law
- Litigation - Environmental
- Litigation - Insurance
- AV Preeminent® Rated Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Rating System
- Pennsylvania Super Lawyers, 2005 - 2018
- Top 50 Pittsburgh Super Lawyers, 2005 - 2007, 2015 - 2016
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.