Alan D. Sweetbaum is the founding shareholder of the law firm of Sweetbaum Sands Anderson PC. He founded the law firm in 1994 and has grown the practice from two lawyers to its present size. Mr. Sweetbaum has been practicing law continuously since 1983. He practices in the area of commercial and civil litigation and specializes in handling all types of litigation affecting real estate. Mr. Sweetbaum also handles bankruptcy, foreclosure, receivership, quiet title actions, construction defect and mechanic’s lien litigation and title insurance litigation, including defense of bad faith claims. He represents individuals and companies both large and small. He has handled numerous appeals in Federal and State courts, many of which are published opinions having significant consequences in the business arena. Mr. Sweetbaum lectures frequently on various real estate, title insurance and litigation issues. He is frequently asked to be an expert witness on various legal matters. For many years Mr. Sweetbaum was the host of several radio shows on KOA radio and KTLK radio in Denver. He is an AV Preeminent 5.0 out of 5 rated lawyer by Martindale Hubbell and has had the honor of being selected for inclusion in Super Lawyers by Law and Politics Magazine for every year since its inception in 2006, making him a member of the top 5% of attorneys in Colorado as voted by his peers. Mr. Sweetbaum was recently selected by his peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America® 2013 in the field of Commercial Litigation (Copyright 2012 by Woodward/White, Inc., of Aiken, SC).
- University of Denver, J.D., graduated 1983
- Syracuse University, BA, graduated 1978
- Colorado, Colorado Bar Association
- District of Columbia, The District of Columbia Bar
- College of Arts and Sciences at Syracuse University - Member of the Board of Trustees
- Colorado Real Estate Section Council of the Colorado Bar Association - Former Member
- Congregation Emanuel - Former Vice President of the Board of Trustees
- Rocky Mountain Region of the Anti-Defamation League - Past Member of the Board of Trustees
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America for work in:
- Commercial Litigation
- Real Estate Law
- Selected for inclusion in “Super Lawyers” by Law and Politics magazine for every year since its inception in 2006, making him a member of the top 5% of attorneys in Colorado as voted by his peers.
- Mr. Sweetbaum was recently selected by his peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America® 2013 in the field of Commercial Litigation (Copyright 2012 by Woodward/White, Inc., of Aiken, SC).
- Mr. Sweetbaum has received an AV Preeminent 5.0 out of 5 rating in Martindale Hubbell