Recognized since 1997
Family Law Mediation
“My clients are priority number one. I approach each interaction with integrity, respect, and well-reasoned advocacy to best meet your needs. Working to reach a positive outcome for you is my greatest reward.”
With more than four decades of experience, I have a depth of knowledge that gives me clarity, wisdom, and skills that few can match. It’s exciting for me to be at this point in my career and I look forward each day to making a difference in the lives of my clients.
I help clients in the following areas:
- full spectrum of family law issues: concerns in this arena are complicated, especially in situations of high net worth. With my comprehensive knowledge of substantive legal areas—business, tax, real estate, trusts and estates, pensions, and retirement accounts—I am particularly adept at navigating and resolving issues for clients.
- trust, estate and tax planning: aligned with my focus in family law, clients rely on me to advise them on the valuation and management of assets, and to safeguard their best interests.
- commercial matters: working with entrepreneurs and companies, I represent clients with a variety of needs in this area.
- alternative dispute resolution (ADR): ADR often allows parties to settle disputes without going to court. I serve as a mediator and special master.
I have worked closely with my peers to change and shape family law in Minnesota through precedent-setting cases at the Court of Appeals and the Supreme Court. I am dedicated to the profession and proud that my contributions have had a significant impact on family law and the lives of many. It is an honor to be the first family law attorney in Minnesota inducted into the American College of Trial Lawyers, an elite group comprising less than one percent of any state’s attorneys who are the very best at the trial bar in their jurisdiction.
As the leader of the firm’s award-winning Family Law group, I foster an environment of professionalism, intellect, and compassion. We continuously collaborate as a team so that you reap the benefit of our collective proficiencies. We are active in the legal community, sharing our knowledge and experience through leadership roles and volunteering in professional associations, as well as writing, thought leadership, and teaching.
See my full bio here.
- Lawyer Page: https://hensonefron.com/attorneys/alan-c-eidsness
- 225 South Sixth Street, Suite 1600
Minneapolis, MN 55402
- University of Minnesota, J.D., graduated 1973
- Minot State University, B.A., graduated 1970
- Minnesota, Minnesota
- Minnesota State Bar Association, Family and Civil Litigation Sections - Member
- Hennepin County Bar Association, Family and Civil Litigation Sections - Member
- American Bar Association, Family and Civil Litigation Sections - Member
- Edina Morningside Community Church - Member
- Legal Aid Clinic at the University of Minnesota - Director
- United States Supreme Court
- United States Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit
- United States District Court for the District of Minnesota
- Family Law, Minneapolis (2009)
- Family Law
- Family Law Mediation
- 2019 Minnesota Icon Award recipient sponsored by Finance & Commerce and Minnesota Lawyer
- 2019 HCBA Family Law Section Professionalism Award recipient
- Ranked by Chambers and Partners in the High Net Worth Guide 2021
- The first family law attorney in Minnesota inducted into the American College of Trial Lawyers, an elite group comprising less than one percent of any state’s attorneys who are the very best at the trial bar in their jurisdiction.
- Fellow, American College of Trial Lawyers
- Selected for inclusion in Minnesota Super Lawyers® from inception–2021
- Top 10: Minnesota Super Lawyers®, 2005, 2009–2017, 2019-2021
- Top 100: Minnesota Super Lawyers®, 2003–2021
- 2012 Minnesota Lawyer Attorneys of the Year
- AV® Preeminent peer review rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- Order of the Coif, University of Minnesota Law School Minnesota Law Review
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.