Find Lawyers in Berlin, Germany for Construction Law
Dr. Elmar Bickert specializes in real estate and construction law including property related energy and environmental law. He has been dealing with the entire life cycle of real estate for many years with a particular focus on project development, financing, planning, construction, modernisation, operation, management, use, as well as the acquisition and sale of property.His expertise covers real estate portfolios consisting of various asset classes and owned by national and international cli...
Oda has been equity partner with GSK STOCKMANN since 2002. In her practice Oda focuses on Project Development, Construction, Architecture and Engineering as well as Dispute Resolution. She is a licensed specialist for Construction and Architects Law (Fachanwältin für Bau- und Architektenrecht). In 2016/17, Oda successfully took part in the seminar programme on the FIDIC Suite of Contracts and the VBI/FIDIC Adjudicator Assessment organised by the German Association of Consulting Engi...
Construction Law Definition
The (non-specific) term "construction law" comprises private construction law and public construction law. Private construction law refers to the area of German civil law that deals with work contracts and construction contracts, specifically from the negotiation phase to the conclusion phase and the implementation phase (including final billing). Meanwhile, public construction law refers to the area of German public law that deals with construction projects. Public construction law furthermore distinguishes between building law (German: "Bauordnungsrecht") and construction planning law (German: "Bauplanungsrecht").
The comprehensive knowledge that our construction law consultancy is built on extends beyond the mere core understanding of construction law to understanding the boundaries of construction law to other, closely related law fields:
- Private construction law: Drafting of construction and developer contracts, presiding over contract negotiations, construction-related legal advice, litigations, contract and change-order management,
- Public construction law: Legal support during building permit, zoning and other building law mandated proceedings,
- Public-private partnerships: Legal advice in connection with public/private investment plans for infrastructure projects,
- Land law: Review and drafting of land purchase agreements,
- Architectural & engineering law: Contract drafting/negotiations, court representation (specifically receivables and liability claims),
- Tenancy law: Drafting of residential and commercial lease agreements, procedural implementation of rent increases, evictions incl. litigation involving tenant- landlord disputes,
- Broker law: Contract drafting, court representation.
Lawyers specializing in construction law should have a thorough knowledge of building codes and regulations as well as related law fields. Add to that a business-oriented mind and a basic understanding of construction project management, from concept to implementation/conclusion and beyond to marketing and management of an object. What will really make them stand out is the ability to offer the kind of legal advice that closes the gaps between different, related law fields under one roof.
Recognition by Best Lawyers is based entirely on peer review. Our methodology is designed to capture, as accurately as possible, the consensus opinion of leading lawyers about the professional abilities of their colleagues within the same geographical area and legal practice area.
Best Lawyers employs a sophisticated, conscientious, rational, and transparent survey process designed to elicit meaningful and substantive evaluations of the quality of legal services. Our belief has always been that the quality of a peer review survey is directly related to the quality of the voters.
Georgia Laws Taking Effect in 2022
On Neutral Ground
Largest Pain and Suffering Award Affirmed in New York History
New England States With Incoming Legislation
Activism In Action