We consider ourselves privileged to help victims of retaliation and discrimination seek justice, and help whistleblowers disclose fraud to the government. Contact us today to find out how we can help you.
We represent employees in a wide range of matters, including:
- representing corporate whistleblowers in claims under the whistleblower protection provisions of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act and other whistleblower retaliation laws;
- assisting whistleblowers in investigating and disclosing fraud to the IRS whistleblower program, SEC whistleblower program, and CFTC whistleblower program;
- representing employees of government contractors and grantees in whistleblower retaliation claims under the False Claims Act, NDAA whistleblower law, and Defense Contractor Whistleblower Protection Act;
- representing federal employees in responding to proposed disciplinary actions and in Whistleblower Protection Act claims;
- negotiating executive severance, separation, and employment agreements;
- representing employees in glass ceiling discrimination and sexual harassment claims;
- combatting workplace discrimination against lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender workers;
- representing cybersecurity whistleblowers;
- litigating non-compete disputes in Washington DC, Maryland, and Virginia.
To schedule a consultation with Zuckerman Law, contact us by phone at 202.262.8959 or click here to send us an email.
In addition to shaping the law through our successes for clients, the firm strengthens worker rights through amicus curiae briefs and lobbying for stronger whistleblower protection and anti-discrimination laws. The firm also publishes widely on whistleblower rights and protections and publishes two blogs:
Zuckerman Law is a Washington, DC-based law firm that represents whistleblowers nationwide in whistleblower rewards and whistleblower retaliation matters and litigates discrimination claims on behalf of employees in the District of Columbia, Maryland, and Virginia. The firm is dedicated to zealously advocating on behalf of workers whose rights have been violated to achieve justice and accountability.
We understand the difficult professional and personal challenges that our clients face and endeavor to provide the highest level of client service and partner with our clients to exceed their expectations. Click here to read reviews and feedback provided by former clients.
When you have suffered harassment, discrimination, or retaliation, you deserve an effective lawyer who will provide clear and candid advice, update you promptly concerning developments in your case, and maintain a laser-sharp focus on achieving your unique objectives.
We have assembled a team with a unique mix of experience in government and in the private sector achieving exceptional results for workers that have suffered retaliation or discrimination:
- Two of our attorneys served in senior positions at the U.S. Office of Special Counsel and were appointed by the Secretary of Labor to serve on the Whistleblower Protection Advisory Committee.
- Eric Bachman, Chair of the Firm’s Discrimination Practice, has substantial experience litigating precedent-setting individual and class action discrimination cases.
- His wins include a $100 million settlement in a disparate impact Title VII class action and a $16 million class action settlement against a major grocery chain. Having served as Special Litigation Counsel in the Civil Rights Division of the Department of Justice and as lead or co-counsel in numerous jury trials, Bachman is trial-tested and ready to fight for you to obtain the relief that you deserve.
- Dallas Hammer is a seasoned employment attorney who has set important precedent for workers and has developed substantial experience representing cybersecurity whistleblowers. Recently Corporate Crime Reporter interviewed him about the rise of cybersecurity whistleblowing.
- Matthew Stock is a licensed Certified Public Accountant and Certified Fraud Examiner whose experience working at a large audit firm enhances the firm’s ability to investigate complex financial schemes and prepare effective whistleblower submissions to the SEC on behalf of whistleblowers worldwide.
- Firm Principal Jason Zuckerman was recognized by Washingtonian magazine as a “Top Whistleblower Lawyer” in 2015, 2009, and 2007 selected by his peers to be included in The Best Lawyers in America® in the category of Employment Law (2011-2017), and selected by his peers to be listed in SuperLawyers (2012 and 2015-2017) in the category of labor and employment law. He is rated 10 out of 10 by Avvo, based largely on client reviews, and rated AV Preeminent® by Martindale-Hubbell based on peer reviews.
About Our Clients
Zuckerman Law represents senior professionals in high-stakes employment matters, including corporate officers, executives, managers, and partners at professional services firms. The firm's seasoned employment attorneys have obtained exit packages or settlements for corporate officers and senior professionals totaling more than $25M. Click here to read testimonials from CEOs, CFOs, and other senior professionals that we have represented. To schedule a free preliminary consultation, call us at 202-262-8959, or click here.
The firm's prior successes include:
- Prevailed in 3-day preliminary injunction hearing at which entrepreneur client's former employer spared no expense in seeking to enforce non-competition and non-solicitation agreements. In month leading to hearing, took expert and fact witness depositions, performed expedited document discovery, prepared expert witness disclosures, drafted several discovery motions, briefed preliminary injunction issues, and prepared witnesses for hearing.
- Recovered more than $15M in Sarbanes-Oxley whistleblower matters.
- Obtained more than $1M increase in a severance package for a CFO at a publicly-traded company.
- Tripled exit package for partner at senior professional services firm.
- Obtained 1,000 percent increase in severance offer for executive in the financial services industry.
- Represented partners at AmLaw 100 law firms and big four audit firms in negotiating admission to partnership and transitioning to competing firms.
- Obtained substantial settlements for in-house attorneys in discrimination and Sarbanes-Oxley whistleblower matters.
- Counseled hedge fund risk managers on executive compensation agreements.
- Negotiated significant enhancements to severance agreements for executives at Washington DC non-profit organizations.
- Represented senior managers and executives in corporate internal investigations and SEC investigations.
- Litigated alleged breach of restrictive covenants, including non-disclosure agreements and non-solicitation agreements.
DISCLAIMER: INFORMATION ABOUT RESULTS ACHIEVED IN PRIOR CASES DOES NOT GUARANTEE OR PREDICT A SIMILAR RESULT IN FUTURE CASES. RESULTS WILL VARY BASED UPON A VARIETY OF FACTORS UNIQUE TO EACH CASE. REFERENCES TO PRIOR CLIENT ENGAGEMENTS ARE NOT INTENDED TO CONSTITUTE A GUARANTEE, WARRANTY, OR PREDICTION REGARDING THE OUTCOME OF YOUR LEGAL MATTER.
Firm Practice Areas
- Civil Rights Law
- Employment Law - Individuals
- Litigation - Labor and Employment