19 The Best Lawyers in Germany™ awards
23 Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch in Germany awards
YPOG is a highly specialized German law firm advising its clients in the core areas funds, tax, corporate, transactions, litigation, IT/IP law and notarial services. More than 100 lawyers and tax professionals advise and represent a large variety of clients, including private equity and venture capital funds, tech companies, growth companies, large and medium-sized family businesses, as well as international corporations. The lawyers and tax specialists at YPOG pursue a multi-disciplinary approach: advice is provided to clients from a corporate as well as a tax and regulatory angle to help clients reach their objectives. However, YPOG advisors do not only provide first-class legal and tax advice, but also understand their clients’ business needs and strategic goals. The firm’s fund practice has a leading position in structuring private equity and venture capital funds. YPOG’s tax specialists advise companies in all stages of their development, including tax structuring, reorganisations and transactions. The firm’s corporate practice group offers high-calibre advice in the areas of venture capital, private equity and M&A transactions, corporate reorganisations (including stock corporation and European stock corporation law) as well as corporate litigation.
Main Areas of Practice
- Transactions (Dr. Benjamin Ullrich and Ansgar Frank for Venture Capital and Dr. Jörn Wöbke for Private Equity)
- Funds (Lennart Lorenz for Regulatory, and Dr. Stephan Bank and Dr. Fabian Euhus for Corporate, Jens Kretzschmann and Dr. Helder Schnittker for Structuring and Tax)
- Tax (Dr. Thomas Töben, Dr. Malte Bergmann and Andreas Kortendick)
- Corporate (Dr. Tim Schlösser and Dr. Martin Schaper)
- Litigation (Dr. Matthias Schatz and Dr. Sebastian Schödel)
- FinTech and Digital Assets (Carola Rathke, Stefan Richter and Dr. Frederik Gärtner)
Entrepreneurial Thinking and Innovation
The firm combines profound legal advice with an entrepreneurial and economic approach; its advisors have broad experience and a deep understanding of various fields, including new sectors such as HealthTech, FinTech and other regulated industries. Furthermore, YPOG is a pioneering firm in advising projects and transactions which relate to digital assets, crypto token or blockchain-based business models. Its unique method of applying only the highest standards in terms of technical excellence and yet managing to take a commercial and economic approach enables the firm to focus on creating true value.
Global Recognition and Network
The YPOG team is regularly commended in leading national and international rankings. In addition, the firm benefits from an excellent network in the venture capital and private equity ecosystem, both nationally and internationally, and has strong ties to other top-tier law firms across the world. YPOG is committed to the highest quality level and provides the global background that is expected from leading, internationally successful firms.
- Banking and Finance Law
- Corporate Law
- Data Security and Privacy Law
- Debt and Equity
- Information Technology Law
- Investment Funds
- Mergers and Acquisitions Law
- Private Equity Law
- Private Funds
- Tax Law
- Venture Capital Law
- Venture Capital Law in Germany (2023)
- Venture Capital Law in Germany (2021)
- Top Listed in Germany in Corporate Law with 15 lawyers
- Top Listed in Germany in Venture Capital Law with 7 lawyers
- Top Listed in Germany in Venture Capital Law with 4 lawyers
- Top Listed in Berlin with 16 lawyers
- Top Listed in Berlin in Corporate Law with 12 lawyers
- Top Listed in Berlin in Mergers and Acquisitions Law with 9 lawyers
- Top Listed in Berlin in Venture Capital Law with 6 lawyers
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.