138 The Best Lawyers in America® awards
116 Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch® in America awards
Winston & Strawn LLP is an international law firm with more than 900 attorneys among 16 offices in Brussels; Charlotte; Chicago; Dallas; Hong Kong; Houston; London; Los Angeles; Miami; New York; Paris; San Francisco; Sao Paulo; Shanghai; Silicon Valley; and Washington, DC.
Winston was founded in Chicago in 1853 by Frederick H. Winston, who was joined by the firm’s other name partner, Silas H. Strawn, in 1894. Winston has built its reputation on the quality and character of its lawyers, past and present, many of whom are recognized leaders in the American legal community. The firm’s history of more than 160 years is a chronicle of individuals and events that have helped shape it and create the strong foundation on which it continues to build. In the past two decades, a series of mergers, office openings and lateral hires has resulted in a global law firm with 18 offices across the United States, Europe, Asia, and the Middle East. The legal profession continues to consolidate globally, and Winston will continue to expand its global presence so it can serve its clients wherever it is needed.
The firm serves the needs of enterprises of all types and sizes, in both the private and public sectors. The exceptional depth and geographic reach of its resources enable Winston to manage virtually every type of business-related legal issue.
The firm understands that clients look for value beyond just legal expertise. With this in mind, Winston works hard to understand the level of involvement its clients require of it. The firm’s lawyers take time to learn about clients’ organizations and their business objectives. Significant emphasis is placed on technology and teamwork in an effort to respond quickly and effectively to clients’ needs.
Winston remains committed to the traditions of client service, professional development and community involvement instilled by its leaders of the past, while embracing the innovations driving the legal profession in the 21st century.
- Abbott Laboratories
- Cisco Systems, Inc.
- Dell Inc.
- Discover Financial Services
- Google Inc.
- JP Morgan
- Monsanto Co.
- Motorola Mobility LLC
- Motorola Solutions, Inc.
- National Football League Players Association
- Omnicare, Inc.
- Panasonic Corporation
- Philip Morris USA, Inc.
- Tate & Lyle
- The Charles Schwab Corporation
- Verizon Wireless and Verizon Communications
- Wells Fargo Bank
- Admiralty and Maritime Law
- Antitrust Law
- Appellate Practice
- Banking and Finance Law
- Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights / Insolvency and Reorganization Law
- Bet-the-Company Litigation
- Commercial Litigation
- Communications Law
- Copyright Law
- Corporate Law
- Criminal Defense: General Practice
- Criminal Defense: White-Collar
- Employee Benefits (ERISA) Law
- Employment Law - Individuals
- Employment Law - Management
- Energy Law
- Entertainment Law - Motion Pictures and Television
- Entertainment Law - Music
- Environmental Law
- Health Care Law
- Insurance Law
- Labor Law - Management
- Litigation - Antitrust
- Litigation - Banking and Finance
- Litigation - Bankruptcy
- Litigation - Environmental
- Litigation - Intellectual Property
- Litigation - Labor and Employment
- Litigation - Patent
- Litigation and Controversy - Tax
- Mass Tort Litigation / Class Actions - Defendants
- Medical Malpractice Law - Defendants
- Mergers and Acquisitions Law
- Patent Law
- Product Liability Litigation - Defendants
- Real Estate Law
- Securities / Capital Markets Law
- Sports Law
- Tax Law
- Trademark Law
- Trusts and Estates
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.