Ward and Smith, P.A. is the successor to a practice founded in 1895. Our core values of client satisfaction, reliability, responsiveness, and teamwork are the standards that define who we are as a law firm. Ward and Smith ensures that your legal matters are handled with attentive intelligence by attorneys and staff who work together to build meaningful relationships with our clients. We do this by being knowledgeable in more than 30 practice areas, providing efficient results, and effectively using technology. We are your established legal network with offices located in Asheville, Greenville, New Bern, Raleigh, and Wilmington.
Ward and Smith is committed to building and maintaining relationships with every client because we understand that every client has unique needs. We work to become fully acquainted with the management style and operations of our clients. This enables us to provide timely and effective legal services. Our attorneys are dedicated to providing frequent and full communication to our clients with respect to pending and anticipated legal issues that may affect them. We advocate a proactive and preventive approach to our clients' legal issues so that through proper planning and maintenance our clients can avoid legal difficulties and costs. We believe that this approach provides our clients with responsive, high-quality, and cost-effective legal services.
At Ward and Smith, we work seamlessly as a single team by drawing on attorneys from different practice groups who are best qualified to address clients' problems. The Firm has a strategic objective that at least two attorneys will have extensive, in-depth experience in each area of the law. This assures our clients that their distinct needs always are handled by someone with experience in their matters.
Our Firm is dedicated to leveraging technology and achieving a collaborative environment which fosters growth, innovation, and productivity. Ward and Smith's award-winning business intake process exemplifies its dedication to business process efficiency. We invest in industry best practices and software solutions which enable us to practice optimally. Our Firm adheres to best practices and mitigates risks through the use of leading edge technologies including risk management, records, and case management solutions. Furthermore, Ward and Smith proactively engages in the advancement of technology initiatives through its Technology Advisory Committee comprised of attorneys and key administrative personnel. Investments in cloud technology solutions, videoconferencing, and a robust infrastructure enable legal solutions to be obtained from any of our five offices, offering clients the advantage of an enterprise of legal experts. Our courtroom presentation technology has helped to achieve favorable results for clients and has won praise from our opponents. Mobile solutions supporting all smartphones and tablets ensure our attorneys can maintain constant contact with clients and access work product while out of the office.
Ward and Smith is a full-service law firm. Our dedication to the practice of law and commitment to each and every client is our collective mission and we believe it is what sets us apart from other law firms. We welcome the opportunity to be your first choice for legal services.
Top Listed State Awards
- Top Listed in North Carolina in Litigation - Construction with 6 lawyers
Top Listed City Awards
- Top Listed in Greenville with 8 lawyers
- Top Listed in New Bern with 13 lawyers
- Top Listed in New Bern in Banking and Finance Law with 3 lawyers
- Top Listed in Greenville in Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights / Insolvency and Reorganization Law with 3 lawyers
- Top Listed in New Bern in Bet-the-Company Litigation with 2 lawyers
- Top Listed in Wilmington in Commercial Litigation with 3 lawyers
- Top Listed in New Bern in Commercial Litigation with 3 lawyers
- Top Listed in New Bern in Corporate Law with 3 lawyers
- Top Listed in New Bern in Financial Services Regulation Law with 3 lawyers
- Top Listed in New Bern in Litigation - Construction with 2 lawyers
- Top Listed in Greenville in Medical Malpractice Law - Plaintiffs with 2 lawyers
- Top Listed in Greenville in Personal Injury Litigation - Plaintiffs with 3 lawyers
- Top Listed in New Bern in Real Estate Law with 2 lawyers
- Top Listed in New Bern in Trusts and Estates with 2 lawyers
- Best Law Firm Rankings
Firm News & Media
82 Patton Avenue, Suite 300
P.O. Box 2020
Asheville, NC 28802-2020
120 West Fire Tower Road
P.O. Box 8088
Greenville, NC 27835-8088
127 Racine drive
New Bern, NC 28403
751 Corporate Center Drive, Suite 300
P.O. Box 33009
Raleigh, NC 27636-3009
University Corporate Center
127 Racine Drive
P.O. Box 7068
Wilmington, NC 28406-7068