A Business Law Firm for Modern Times.
What does taking care of business mean to Sussman Shank? It means helping you achieve your goals. It means understanding your specific needs, your business and your industry. It means applying our extensive experience, knowledge, and skills in a broad range of practice areas and industries to help you succeed.
Sussman Shank is a mid-size law firm in Portland, Oregon with attorneys admitted to practice in Oregon, Washington, California and several other states. We are an experienced team of over 30 attorneys who have the insight and ability to help clients succeed in today's challenging business environment.
Our clients include public and private companies, government entities, institutions, non-profit organizations, and individuals. While we are based in the Pacific Northwest, we frequently represent clients in court proceedings and business transactions throughout the U.S. We also have access to legal expertise in other countries through our affiliation with the Mackrell International Network.
Sussman Shank has once again been named one of the 2018 "100 Best Companies to Work for in Oregon" by Oregon Business Magazine, marking our 12th year on the list.
Top Listed State Awards
- Top Listed in Oregon in Litigation - Bankruptcy with 4 lawyers
Top Listed City Awards
- Top Listed in Portland in Litigation - Bankruptcy with 4 lawyers
Firm Practice Areas
- Agriculture Law
- Appellate Practice
- Banking and Finance Law
- Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights / Insolvency and Reorganization Law
- Business Organizations (including LLCs and Partnerships)
- Closely Held Companies and Family Businesses Law
- Commercial Litigation
- Construction Law
- Corporate Law
- Employment Law - Management
- Environmental Law
- First Amendment Law
- Franchise Law
- Health Care Law
- Litigation - Bankruptcy
- Litigation - Construction
- Litigation - Environmental
- Litigation - First Amendment
- Litigation - Intellectual Property
- Litigation - Labor and Employment
- Litigation - Securities
- Litigation - Trusts and Estates
- Mortgage Banking Foreclosure Law
- Privacy and Data Security Law
- Real Estate Law
- Sports Law
- Tax Law
- Trusts and Estates