Sullivan has one goal: to help businesses thrive in an ever-changing marketplace. We combine the breadth of experience and sophistication you expect from a prominent, top-tier law firm with an unusually creative and flexible approach. Clients choose Sullivan because our lawyers are hands-on, business savvy and straightforward, with an intense commitment to our clients' interests.
WE REPRESENT CLIENTS THAT REPRESENT THE FUTURE
As an international law firm with innovation in our DNA, we attract clients that are visionaries, trailblazers and game changers. Established companies pushing their industries in bold new directions. Growing businesses seeking new markets. Emerging companies pursuing disruptive business models.
From investment management, cutting edge REITs and opportunity zones, to blockchain ventures and international tech IPOs, Sullivan guides organizations that are rewriting the rules. Our clients bring out our best – strategic vision, comfort with complexity and intense focus on results. Working together, we help them recognize new options and make confident strides to success.
Together we’re recalibrating what it means to work with a law firm.
Our logo captures the essence of our collegial, forward thinking culture with a collaborative and creative “burst” that symbolizes the dynamic diversity of ideas, people and solutions we offer to our clients.
Our clients benefit from:
- Strategic locations in Boston, London, New York, Tel Aviv and Washington, D.C. and international alliances in Europe, Asia and the Middle East
- Approximately 220 attorneys
- A broad range of commercial legal services
- Experience with domestic and international clients ranging from emerging businesses to Fortune500 companies and leading financial institutions.
Customized solutions that work for your business.
We dig deep to understand our clients and their industries in order to deliver solutions and value. Our lawyers work together in small teams emphasizing close partner-client contact and collaboration.
Many leading lawyers have moved to Sullivan for our entrepreneurial, creative style. Our individual lawyers and practice groups have strong national reputations, including our REIT, tax and mutual fund practices that earn top rankings. Our lawyers are also ranked annually in publications, such as Chambers USA, Chambers Global, Chambers UK, The Legal 500 United States, The Legal 500 UK, Super Lawyers, Best Lawyers in America, and U.S. News - Best Lawyers "Best Law Firms."
We pool the talent of lawyers from across the firm's practices to ensure you get the right team for your job.
Visit our Global Services section to learn more about our international presence and capabilities.
Top Listed State Awards
- Top Listed in Massachusetts in Tax Law with 11 lawyers
Top Listed City Awards
- Top Listed in Boston in Tax Law with 11 lawyers
- Best Law Firms - U.S. News Best Lawyers
- Chambers USA
- The Legal 500 United States
- Super Lawyers
- The Legal 500 United Kingdom 2015
- Best Trade Finance Law Firm” 2015 - Global Trade Review
- Best Law Firm in Trade Finance” - Trade & Forfaiting Review
- The Legal 500 US Awards 2015 winner in the area of Real Estate - Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs)
- World Trademark Review 1000
- Alcobra Pharma
- American DG Energy Inc.
- American Tower Corporation
- Ares Management
- Attunity Ltd.
- Bank of America
- Deutsche Bank AG, New York
- Ernst & Young U.S. LLP
- Fidelity Management & Research Company
- HSBC Bank USA, N.A.
- Iron Moutain Incorporated
- John Hancock Financial Services
- Level 3 Communications, Inc.
- Lloyds Banking Group
- Novaya Real Estate Ventures
- Oramed Pharmaceuticals Inc.
- Staples, Inc.
- The Governor and Company of the Bank of Ireland PLC
- The Robert Wood Johnson Foundation
- Wells Fargo Bank
- Westbrook Partners
About Our Clients
Our clients' profiles range from Fortune 500 companies to emerging businesses.
Regardless of what size a client is, or where they are in their life-cycle, we strive to understand our clients' business goals and industry dynamics to deliver practical solutions that align with their own business strategy. To facilitate this, our lawyers work together in small teams to share knowledge and service our clients at the highest level of efficiency and thoughtfulness.
Bankruptcy & Restructuring
617 338 2995
617 338 2979
Corporate and M&A
617 338 2877
Employment & Benefits
617 338 2938
Environment, Energy & Natural Resources
202 370 3921
617 338 2433
617 338 2943
International & Cross-Border Transactions
212 660 3032
202 775 1207
617 338 2438
617 338 2476
617 338 2949
617 338 2873
Trade & Export Finance
+44 (0)20 7448 1001
Trusts & Estates
617 338 2431
Firm Practice Areas
- Art Law
- Capital Markets
- Corporate Law
- Environmental Law
- Mergers and Acquisitions Law
- Real Estate Law
- Tax Law
- Technology Law
- Venture Capital Law