Stoel Rives is a leading U.S. corporate and litigation law firm. One of the largest national firms focused on energy, natural resources, climate change and the environment, Stoel Rives also serves the agribusiness, real estate and construction, food and beverage, health care, life sciences, and technology industries. With more than 350 attorneys operating out of 10 offices in seven states and the District of Columbia, Stoel Rives is a leader in regulatory and compliance matters, and business, labor and employment, land use, and intellectual property law.
Stoel Rives achieved 32 prestigious national tier rankings in the 2021 U.S. News – Best Lawyers® “Best Law Firms” survey. The 2020 Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business® guide ranks 100 of our lawyers among the best in their region. Best Lawyers® lists 119 of our lawyers in 62 legal practice categories in its 2021 directory and selected nine Stoel Rives lawyers as a 2021 “Lawyer of the Year” in their market and practice area.
- We will serve leading established and emerging business clients by providing value-added solutions to their legal needs.
- We will accomplish this goal by providing distinctive client service and relationships based on a combination of specialized expertise, a commitment to excellence, and deep business and industry knowledge.
- We will develop and retain lawyers and staff of the highest caliber.
- We will attain our goals while preserving our culture of commitments to integrity, diversity in all its forms, our communities and each other.
Stoel Rives is a member of TerraLex®, an international network of 155 leading Independent law firms serving the business needs of clients around the globe. This membership gives our clients access to local counsel in 100 foreign countries and 44 U.S. states. More than 20 practice specialties are represented In the network, including banking, corporate, environmental, insurance, intellectual property, labor & employment, real estate, tax, and transport & logistics.
Membership is by invitation only and involves an annual review process. Every U.S.-based TerraLex® member received a ranking in the 2015 U.S. News – Best Lawyers® "Best Law Firms" survey. Stoel Rives represents TerraLex® in three states (Alaska, Oregon and Washington), and uses the network to provide its clients with seamless service throughout the United States and abroad.
Visit www.terralex.org for more information.– See more at: https://www.stoel.com/about-stoel-rives
Top Listed State Awards
- Top Listed in Oregon with 61 lawyers
- Top Listed in Oregon with 18 lawyers
- Top Listed in Oregon in Employment Law - Management with 9 lawyers
- Top Listed in Oregon in Environmental Law with 8 lawyers
- Top Listed in Oregon in Labor Law - Management with 4 lawyers
- Top Listed in Oregon in Litigation - Labor and Employment with 4 lawyers
- Top Listed in Oregon in Natural Resources Law with 4 lawyers
Top Listed City Awards
- Top Listed in Portland with 61 lawyers
- Top Listed in Portland with 18 lawyers
- Top Listed in Portland in Employment Law - Management with 9 lawyers
- Top Listed in Portland in Environmental Law with 8 lawyers
- Top Listed in Portland in Labor Law - Management with 4 lawyers
- Top Listed in Portland in Litigation - Labor and Employment with 4 lawyers
- Top Listed in Portland in Natural Resources Law with 4 lawyers
- Oregon State Bar Large Firm Pro Bono Award
- Most Admired Professional Services Firm in Oregon
- Gold Standard Certification from the Women in Law Empowerment Forum
- Top Corporate Philanthropist in Seattle
- Fit-Friendly Worksite Gold Award
- Equity Foundation's Business Award for medium-sized businesses
- Human Rights Campaign’s 2021 Corporate Equality Index 100 Percent Rating
Chair: Benefits, Tax and Private Client Group
Chair: Labor & Employment Group
Chair: Real Estate and Construction Development Group
Chair: Corporate Group
Chair: Energy Development Group
Chair: Environment, Land Use & Natural Resources Group
Chair: Litigation Group
Chair: Technology and Intellectual Property Group
Firm Practice Areas
- Health Care
- Intellectual Property
- Labor and Employment Law - Management
- Real Estate