Shields Mott L.L.P. has grown from four attorneys in 1995 to a law firm serving clients' specialized needs throughout the nation. Our growth is the result of a deliberate strategy to meet our clients' need for coordinated, high-quality legal representation in a complex economy. Our practice offerings and capabilities and our decades of experience allow us to respond quickly and effectively to the critical legal and business issues our clients face each day.
The firm specializes in litigation and business transactions in tailored areas, including the construction industry, surety and insurance defense, labor and employment law, products liability, general commercial litigation, bankruptcy, real estate and zoning law, communications systems regulation, general corporate issues and intellectual property matters.
Shields Mott prides itself in vigorously and aggressively representing its clients in the courtroom, at the negotiating table, and in the halls of government. The attorneys of the firm - armed with the latest case management, legal research and litigation support software available, as well as a staff that understands how to most effectively use those tools - are dedicated to excellence, regardless of the size of the matter at hand. The firm is privileged to enjoy the highest AV Martindale Hubbell® rating. Many of the firm's lawyers are named in Chambers, Super Lawyers, Best Lawyers in America and other surety listings.
More detailed information about our services is available upon request. We encourage you to find out more about our lawyers and our track record in servicing business and individual clients. We welcome the opportunity to demonstrate why our clients have made us their firm of choice.
- American Arbitration Association
- American Bar Association
- Associated Builders and Contractors
- Associated General Contractors
- Best's Directory of Insurance Attorneys and Adjusters
- Defense Research Institute
- Louisiana Association of Defense Counsel
- Louisiana Mississippi Wireless Association
- Louisiana State Bar Association
- Surety Association of Louisiana
- Surety & Fidelity Claims Institute
- National Association of Women in Construction
- National Bond Claims Association
- New Orleans Bar Association.
Firm Practice Areas
- Construction Law
- Copyright Law
- Litigation - Construction
- Litigation - Intellectual Property