At Serrano Alberca & Conde we rely on more than 30 years of proven experience, a team of more than 25 professionals all specialized in the different disciplines of Law and over 2.150 active clients of whom more than 80% have been trusting the firm for more than 8 years. In the field of Urban Planning and Real Estate Law, we have managed more than 11.2 million m2 of land in the most relevant development proceedings of Northern Madrid. Besides, in the area of Expropriations, since 1992 we have provided legal counselling to owners of over 15.5 million m2 in compulsory purchase proceedings. In these proceedings, the firm has achieved fair prices way higher than those offered by Public Administrations even multiplying the initial value by 70. Regarding Tax and Financial Law, we counsel clients with real estate portfolios that exceed 500 million euros and manage investment deals of over 150 million euros annually. We also counsel in tax inspections, obtaining great savings for our clients and are also specialized in handling great value donation and succession processes.
We do our utmost to achieve the best possible outcome in every case we accept. We treat each case as if it were our own. Our commitment goes beyond the attorney-client relationship. We actively immerse ourselves in our clients’ predicaments from the start. Quality is one of our main objectives. This is the reason why we take pride in always acting responsibly. Serrano Alberca & Conde relies on:
- A quality management system as a strategic element for the operation of the organization.
- UNE-EN ISO 9001:2015 International Certificate guaranteeing that our law firm fulfils all legal requirements established while scrupulously complying with those established by the client to attain full satisfaction and even exceed client expectations (No other Spanish law firm holds such certificate).
Serrano Alberca & Conde is one of the most socially responsible law firms:
With Social Responsibility: Designing and implementing Pro Bono Programs for legal and judicial counselling employing different collectives with limited economic resources.
With culture and profession: Supporting different cultural entities including those arising from the legal profession such as the Teatro Real, the Fundación Real Academia de Jurisprudencia y Legislación and the Escuela de Técnica Jurídica.
- With sports and healthy lifestyle: Sponsoring different amateur sports in National and International long-distance competitions.
- With education: Supporting social programs of the Order of the Holy Sepulchre, which promote the creation of nursery schools in Jerusalem.
- With sustainability and environment: Implementing a policy for the efficient management of resources as well as the use of sustainable and recyclable materials at our premises.
- With Art: Sharing and temporarily leasing the law firm’s art collection to draw art closer to different collectives.
Attention to detail
One of the hallmarks of Serrano Alberca & Conde is the working method of the firm.
- Active involvement in client’s predicament.
- Rigour and analysis methodology:
- In depth revision of all available documentation for each particular case’s background by all professionals of the firm involved in it.
- Identifying additional potential risks.
- Defining interesting nuances.
- A loyal commitment to find the most innovative and appropriate legal solutions for each case.
- Broad multidisciplinary knowledge (in different law disciplines) offering a comprehensive perspective enabling the definition of each client ‘s potential legal issues before they arise.
- Serrano Alberca & Conde is one of the law firms with the highest confidence and effectiveness rating among its clients.
- Eight out of ten clients have placed their trust in our services for more than 8 years.
Our credentials are our most valuable asset but trust also includes consciousness, connections and building a relationship.
- Over 30 years of proven experience
- Over 25 professionals specialized in different disciplines of Law.
- 2.194 active clients of whom more than 80% (more than 1.682 clients) have been trusting the firm for more than 8 years.
- 95% success rate in project management with clients.
- More than 8,000 cases managed.
Main firm Practice Areas
Real Estate, Urban Planning and Compulsory Purchase
- Over 15 million of land managed in the development proceedings of Northern Madrid –mainly in in Madrid Capital, Alcobendas, San Sebastián de los Reyes and Algete.
- Since 1992, Serrano Alberca & Conde has provided legal counselling to owners of over 15.5 million m2 in compulsory purchase proceedings. In these proceedings, the firm has achieved fair prices way higher than those offered by Public Administrations even multiplying the initial value by 27, 35 or 70.
Tax and Financial
- Counselling clients with real estate portfolios that exceed 500 million euros.
- Counselling on investments: over 150 million euros managed annually.
- Tax inspections: over 50 million euros obtained as savings for the land owners affected by the Tax Authority inspections in the last 3 years —after M50, R-2 and Barajas airport compulsory purchase proceedings—.
- Relevant actions: management of donations/succession processes for an amount of 70 million euros.
Management / Department Heads
- International Quality Management System Certification UNE-EN ISO 9001: 2008 number ES14/15674 for years 2013 and 2014 awarded by international Certifier SGS, endorsed by the ENAC (Spanish National Accreditation Entity).
- Prize Golden Star (“Estrella de Oro”) and Diploma for our professionalism and our commitment to excellence awarded by the Institute for Professional Excellence (IEP) endorsed by the Spanish Ministry of Industry, Energy and Tourism and by the Autonomous Co
- Jose Manuel Serrano Alberca (President y Founding Partner), lawyer included in the 2017’s Edition of The Best Lawyers in Spain in the practice areas of Administrative Law and Planning.
- Manuel Serrano Conde (Partner), lawyer included in the 2017’s Edition of The Best Lawyers in Spain in the practice areas of Administrative Law and Planning.
- Serrano Alberca & Conde, law firm included in the 2017’s Edition of The Best Lawyers in Spain in the practice areas of Administrative Law and Planning.
Firm Practice Areas
- Administrative Law
- Civil Rights Law
- Eminent Domain and Condemnation Law
- Environmental Law
- Family Law
- Immigration Law
- Labor and Employment Law
- Land Use and Zoning Law
- Real Estate Law
- Tax Law