In 1969, two young trial lawyers from Port Arthur, Texas, started a law firm that has since become legendary in Texas and built a nationwide reputation for helping individuals recover compensation for injuries. The son of a constable (David Provost, now deceased) and the son of a justice of the peace (Senior Partner Walter Umphrey) started a tradition of helping individuals get the justice they need and deserve.
"We balance justice for the working man. Someone has to do it, and that's my business."
– Walter Umphrey, recognized in 2010 by Texas Lawyer magazine as one of the 25 greatest Texas lawyers of the past quarter century
Fighting for the Legal Rights of Individuals and Families Since 1969
The Provost Umphrey Law Firm's principal office is a renovated fruit warehouse in Beaumont, Texas. Saved from the wrecking ball, our 1923 building is the nerve center for more than 25 attorneys and 150 staff members.
We focus all our firm's resources on obtaining justice for individuals harmed by negligence – building each case for victory in a jury trial if necessary to attain justice for our client. Our clients include:
- People who have suffered personal injury or a wrongful death in the family under a broad range of circumstances
- Victims of dangerous drugs and medical products who need to pursue pharmaceutical or medical device litigation – as well as others with valid products liability claims
- Drivers and passengers hurt in motor vehicle and aviation accidents
- People injured on the job in construction, maritime, manufacturing, railroad and other work accidents – or through chemical exposure to asbestos, benzene or other toxic products
Continuing to Build on Our Reputation for Excellence
The credentials, experience and track record of the law firm you select can make all the difference for you. At Provost Umphrey, all of our equity partners and many of our member and associate attorneys are board certified in personal injury trial law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization.
We bring together high-stakes case experience, strong connections to expert resources, and leading-edge technology to deliver top-quality legal research and presentations in the courtroom. Our integrity and determination to see justice done shines through in our union commitment and work in the community as well as our advocacy for valued clients.
From offices in Beaumont and Houston, Texas and Nashville, Tennessee we handle cases across the United States. Request a free case evaluation today.