The Firm was founded in Lebanon, Indiana, by W. H. Parr, Sr. when he opened his office as a sole practitioner in 1899. By 1909, Mr. Parr was elected Boone Circuit Court Judge, and served two six-year terms before returning to the practice of law with his two sons, W.H. Parr, Jr. and A.A. Parr. In the l930s, W.H. Parr, Jr. championed the fledgling rural electric cooperative movement, organizing the first electric cooperative in the world. The Parrs organized and developed, and vigorously assisted in the organization and development of, rural electric cooperatives throughout Indiana, bringing electric service, for the first time, to the homes and businesses of the residents of rural Indiana. This tireless dedication to rural utilities and other businesses has brought the firm regional and national recognition for its innovative and effective legal services for public utilities.
Parr Richey Frandsen Patterson Kruse LLP still represents traditional public utilities, but has extended the scope of its representation also to new entrants providing innovative and competitive electric, gas, telephone, and other utility services. Never forgetting its responsibility to the communities it serves and to private citizens who need assistance, Parr Richey Frandsen Patterson Kruse's attorneys are also very active in the firm’s personal injury, probate, and general practices. The firm also represents schools and is involved in other governmental units. Parr Richey Frandsen Patterson Kruse serves a wide variety of clients, providing a broad range of legal services, throughout Indiana and the United States from both offices in Lebanon and Indianapolis, Indiana.