18 The Best Lawyers in America® awards
9 Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch in America awards
When a tragedy happens, you want an experienced trial attorney to navigate you through the complex world of personal injury, wrongful death, product liability, mass torts/class action, sexual abuse, and business litigation. Choosing the right firm is critical in recovering all of the damages you are entitled to receive. Panish | Shea | Boyle | Ravipudi LLP is here to be the strength by your side ®.
Our nationally recognized plaintiffs' law firm has extensive experience with the often complicated lawsuits that arise after an injury or death caused by another’s negligence or misconduct. The firm is consistently ranked among the best plaintiff's law firms in the country by U.S. News & World Report and Best Lawyers® where it has been recognized as a 'Tier One' law firm -- the highest ranking a firm can receive -- in the areas of Plaintiffs' Mass Tort Litigation/Class Actions, Plaintiffs' Personal Injury Litigation, Plaintiffs' Product Liability Litigation, Insurance Law, and Aviation Law. The firm is also honored to have been recently named 'Personal Injury Law Firm of the Year' by National Law Journal at the 2020 Elite Trial Lawyer Awards in recognition of the firm's exemplary and cutting-edge work on behalf of plaintiffs.
Firm attorneys consistently serve in leadership role in some of the largest personal injury cases in the country and are frequently recognized as among the best trial lawyers, both in California and the nation, with Lawyer of the Year honors from various organizations including the Consumer Attorneys of California, the Consumer Attorneys Association of Los Angeles, the American Board of Trial Advocates-Los Angeles Chapter, California Lawyer Magazine and Best Lawyers.
Once we accept a case, we commit to you and your cause and take the steps necessary to get you the compensation you deserve. Because we limit the number of cases we accept, our attorneys and staff are able to focus their efforts on you and your case and put in the time and resources it takes to achieve the best possible result. We understand that dealing with a life-altering injury, the death or injury of a family member or other challenges caused by the wrongful act of another is difficult emotionally and financially. Your case will be handled with compassion and integrity, and we provide you with personal attention and support throughout the process.
Accomplishments – Verdicts and Settlements
Firm attorneys together have secured more than $10 billion in verdicts and settlements for clients over the years. Below is a sampling of some of the landmark cases won by the attorneys of Panish | Shea | Boyle | Ravipudi LLP:
- A $4.9 billion auto product liability jury verdict against General Motors involving a defective fuel tank;
- A $160.5 million jury verdict for a man who suffered a traumatic brain injury as a result of a vicious beating by security personnel for a nightclub;
- A $58 million jury verdict for a man burned when his construction vehicle caught on fire;
- A $55.4 million jury verdict in a tire tread separation case;
- A $53 million jury verdict for two brothers who were severely injured following a near head-on collision with a CRST big rig;
- A $41.8 million jury verdict in a case involving a U.S. Air Force Captain who suffered catastrophic injuries after being struck from behind while on his motorcycle by a Southern California Gas Company truck;
- A $39.5 million settlement for a college student who was catastrophically injured after suffering heat stroke during an outdoor class at California State University San Bernardino,
- A $39 million settlement against a company that maliciously prosecuted a violation of trade secrets case against two men, resulting in the collapse of their business;
- A $36.5 million jury verdict in a big-rig crash that left a woman with severe spinal cord injuries;
- A $32.5 million verdict for a man who suffered a below the knee amputation after being hit by a tractor trailer;
- A $28.5 million settlement for a special needs student who was catastrophically injured after being struck by a vehicle while under the care and supervision of Victor Elementary School District personnel
- A $27.4 million jury verdict in the death of a 4-year-old girl and injuries to three pedestrians after a city of San Francisco truck ran a red light, jumped the curb, struck and injured the victims;
- A $23.7 million bench trial award for a Southern California man and his wife after the man suffered a lower leg amputation as a result of being struck by a 28-foot utility truck while riding his motorcycle;
- A $23.5 million settlement for the family of an autistic teenager who died of hyperthermia after being left all day alone on a school bus;
- A $21 million jury verdict for an Iraq War veteran who suffered a brain injury when the car in which he was a passenger was rear ended by a commercial vehicle;
- A $20.5 million jury verdict for the mother of a teenager killed when he was hit by a vehicle while walking to an improperly located bus stop
- A $19.8 million jury verdict for a young man who suffered burn and traumatic brain injuries when his rental home exploded as a result of Southern California Gas Company negligence
- A $17.845 million award in a wrongful death case involving four family members killed when a Marine jet crashed into their home;
- A $17 million jury verdict for a woman whose visually impaired son was killed when he fell between railway cars because of the lack of protective barriers and was crushed when the train moved;
- A $13.55 million settlement from the makers of the Apache helicopter that crashed in Iraq and injured two soldiers;
- and many, many more seven-figure and eight-figure results for our clients.
- Automobile Collision
- Aviation Law
- Aviation Litigation
- Brain Injury
- Catastrophic Injury
- Civil Rights Law
- Commercial Litigation
- Consumer Protection Law
- Employment Law - Individuals
- Mass Tort
- Mass Tort Litigation / Class Actions - Plaintiffs
- Personal Injury Litigation - Plaintiffs
- Premises Liability
- Product Liability
- Product Liability Litigation - Plaintiffs
- Punitive Damages
- Wrongful Death
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.