1 The Best Lawyers in Canada™ awards
For over 100 years, honest advice, good judgment and effective advocacy have been the touchstones of NOLAN CIARLO LLP's personal service to the Hamilton community.
With an emphasis on Employment, LTD, Personal Injury, Civil Litigation, Real Estate, Wills/Estates, and Small Business, the Hamilton lawyers at NOLAN CIARLO LLP have the depth and diversity of expertise that clients need to solve the whole problem.
For over a century, the firm has measured success in terms of satisfied clients, not billable hours. From initial consultation to resolution, clients can count on accessibility and accountability from their lawyer, as they work to achieve the best possible outcome in a timely manner and at a reasonable cost.
Established in 1915 by John J. Hunt, the firm has become a fixture in downtown Hamilton, Ontario. In 1935, John Hunt's daughter, Constance McLean, joined the firm and became one of Ontario’s first woman lawyers. She and her husband, J. Montalieu McLean, continued the practice with Walter Tuchtie (who went on to become the Senior Judge of what is now the Ontario Court of Justice). In 1975, John Hunt's grandsons, John Hunt Nolan and Dermot P. Nolan, established their law firm in partnership with Robert E. Forsyth and, in 1978, the Nolans and McLeans merged their firms as Nolan Nolan McLean & Associates (later renamed Nolan Law Offices). In 1995, Franco Ciarlo joined the firm and he became a partner in 2003. In 2012 the firm name was changed to NOLAN CIARLO LLP and Heather McKinnon and John Hunt’s great grandson, Edward (Ned) P. A. Nolan, joined the practice. In 2018, the firm welcomed Mark Daly to the practice, and in 2020, another of John Hunt's great grandsons, Kennedy Nolan, became a partner at the firm.
- draft or review an employment contract
- find fair solutions for terminated employees and employers
- draft a will/powers of attorney and deal with a contested estate
- buy or sell a house and deal with other real estate issues
- fight an insurance company's denial of long-term disability (LTD) or other benefits
- recover compensation after an accident or injury
- resolve business disputes, including broken contracts, botched transactions and failed business relationship
- pursue a sexual assault, harassment or discrimination claim
- get local legal expertise in these and other areas when you need it
- Corporate and Commercial Litigation
- Corporate Law
- Employee Benefits Law
- Insurance Law
- Labour and Employment Law
- Personal Injury Litigation
- Professional Malpractice Law
- Real Estate Law
- Trusts and Estates
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.