Neal Gerber Eisenberg is a Chicago-based law firm whose attorneys share a culture of teamwork and devotion to personalized client service to advance our clients’ business interests. Our attorneys provide legal business solutions to public and private entities of all types—including Fortune 100 companies, financial institutions, nonprofits and high net worth individuals—in connection with domestic and global business transactions and litigation. Our full service firm is large enough to handle nearly any legal matter throughout the world, yet small enough that clients personally know the attorneys accountable to their matters.
Our greatest asset is our people. Attorneys and staff at every level aspire to cultivate long-lasting relationships among one another and with each client. This mindset helps to advance our shared mission to be the best providers of legal services. To every matter, we bring a client-focused approach. First, we listen to our clients and learn about their challenges. We then deploy our collective legal aptitude, experience and industry knowledge to provide sound and cost-effective legal counsel.
Shunning the “merger mania” strategy of those law firms that adhere to a “bigger is better no matter what” philosophy, the firm, instead, has chosen a calculated path of growth based on adding the “best of the best” attorneys. The firm is recognized nationally and internationally for its knowledge in many practice areas. In 2014, Chambers USA ranked 10 of our practice groups and 27 individual attorneys.
The firm’s culture of teamwork, focus on client needs and practical solutions, and willingness to adapt quickly to meet marketplace demands are key factors behind our success. In addition to making a positive difference for our clients, our lawyers strive to do the same for their communities. The firm encourages its lawyers to dedicate substantial personal time and effort to pro bono work and community service.
Top Listed State Awards
- Top Listed in Illinois in Litigation - Regulatory Enforcement (SEC, Telecom, Energy) with 2 lawyers
- Top Listed in Illinois in Litigation - Securities with 5 lawyers
Top Listed City Awards
- Top Listed in Chicago in Litigation - Regulatory Enforcement (SEC, Telecom, Energy) with 2 lawyers
- Top Listed in Chicago in Litigation - Securities with 5 lawyers
- Coalition of Women’s Initiatives in Law awards parnter with "Inspiration Award"
- Marshall Eisenberg Named a 2012 ‘Five Star Wealth Manager’ by Chicago Magazine
- Finalist for Chambers 2013 “Women in Law” awards
- Finalist for 2 M&A Advisor Turnaround Awards
- 33 NGE Attorneys Listed in 2013 Illinois Super Lawyers
- Working Mother Media: NGE 1 of 50 Best Law Firms for Women
- The International Trademark Association's (INTA) Volunteer Service Award in Pro Bono Service
- Lawyers for the Creative Arts Names NGE Distinguished Service Honoree for Pro Bono Service
- NGE Partner William J. Tarnow II One of '40 Under Forty' Attorneys to Watch in Illinois
- Chambers USA Ranks 10 Practices, 29 Partners in 2012 Edition
- The U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois - Excellence in Pro Bono Service
- Law Bulletin Names Jill B. Berkeley to 2012 List of Chicago Women in Law: Women Making an Impact
- AOL Inc.
- ArcelorMittal USA LLC
- Citigroup Global Markets Inc.
- Eby-Brown Company, LLC
- Euromarket Designs Inc. (Crate & Barrel)
- Grant Thornton, LLP
- Hyatt Corporation
- Illinois Tool Works
- Match.com, L.L.C.
- Morgan Stanley Smith Barney
- Northern Trust
- Ticketmaster Corp.
- United HealthCare
- United Parcel Service
About Our Clients
ArcelorMittal USA LLC
Citigroup Global Markets Inc.
Euromarket Designs Inc. (Crate & Barrel)
Eby-Brown Company, LLC
Grant Thornton, LLP
Illinois Tool Works
Morgan Stanley Smith Barney
The Pampered Chef
UBS Global Management (*Americas) Inc.
United Parcel Service
Viceroy Hotel Group
Antitrust & Trade Regulation
Associations & Not-For-Profit Organizations
Corporate & Securities
Employee Benefits & Executive Compensation
Financial Restructuring and Bankruptcy
Fund Formation & Investment Management
Labor & Employment
Private Wealth Services
Real Estate Tax
Securities & Commodities Litigation
White Collar Criminal
Firm Practice Areas
- Banking and Finance Law
- Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights / Insolvency and Reorganization Law
- Commercial Litigation
- Corporate Law
- Employee Benefits (ERISA) Law
- Employment Law - Management
- Environmental Law
- Health Care Law
- Information Technology Law
- Insurance Law
- Labor Law - Management
- Litigation - Antitrust
- Litigation - Bankruptcy
- Litigation - Environmental
- Litigation - Intellectual Property
- Litigation - Patent
- Litigation - Real Estate
- Litigation - Regulatory Enforcement (SEC, Telecom, Energy)
- Litigation - Securities
- Litigation and Controversy - Tax
- Patent Law
- Real Estate Law
- Tax Law
- Trademark Law
- Trusts and Estates