Gerber Eisenberg is a leading law firm dedicated to handling sophisticated
matters for entrepreneurs, public companies, and private businesses and their
owners. Our attorneys provide legal business solutions to public and private
entities of all types—including Fortune 100 companies, financial institutions,
nonprofits and high net worth individuals—in connection with domestic and
global business transactions and litigation. The firm has built more than thirty
years of trusted partnerships with clients that span the globe, and we meet
each unique client need with the same personalized service and collaboration
that provide the most practical solutions for every matter.
Our greatest asset is our people. Attorneys and staff at every level aspire to cultivate long-lasting relationships among one another and with each client. This mindset helps to advance our shared mission to be the best providers of legal services. To every matter, we bring a client-focused approach. First, we listen to our clients and learn about their challenges. We then deploy our collective legal aptitude, experience and industry knowledge to provide sound and cost-effective legal counsel.
Shunning the “merger mania” strategy of those law firms that adhere to a “bigger is better no matter what” philosophy, the firm, instead, has chosen a calculated path of growth based on adding the “best of the best” attorneys. The firm is recognized nationally and internationally for its knowledge in many practice areas. In 2017, Chambers USA ranked 12 of our practice groups and 22 individual attorneys.
The firm’s culture of teamwork, focus on client needs and practical solutions, and willingness to adapt quickly to meet marketplace demands are key factors behind our success. In addition to making a positive difference for our clients, our lawyers strive to do the same for their communities. The firm encourages its lawyers to dedicate substantial personal time and effort to pro bono work and community service.
Top Listed State Awards
- Top Listed in Illinois in Litigation - Regulatory Enforcement (SEC, Telecom, Energy) with 2 lawyers
- Top Listed in Illinois in Litigation - Securities with 4 lawyers
Top Listed City Awards
- Top Listed in Chicago in Litigation - Regulatory Enforcement (SEC, Telecom, Energy) with 2 lawyers
- Top Listed in Chicago in Litigation - Securities with 4 lawyers
- Neal Gerber Eisenberg Recognized for the InfoTech & Telecom Deal of the Year at 9th Annual International M&A Awards
- Neal Gerber Eisenberg Leads Nation in Post-Alice Patent Rejection Reversal
- Neal Gerber Eisenberg Recognized by Equality Illinois for LGBT Inclusiveness and Equality
- Working Mother Media: NGE Named One of "Best Law Firms for Women"
- Chambers USA Ranks 11 Practices, 21 Partners in 2017 Edition
- World Trademark Review Recognizes Three%A0Neal Gerber Eisenberg Attorneys, IP Practice
- Michael Kelber Honored with Keshet 2017 Guardian of Hope Award
- Robert M. Weiss Named President of ITechLaw Association
- ABA's Insurance Coverage Litigation Committee Honors Jill B. Berkeley with Lifetime Achievement Award
- Michael B. Gray Listed in Crain's Tech 50
- Neal Gerber Eisenberg Kevin O'Connor, Ph.D. Named one of "40 Illinois Attorneys Under 40 to Watch"
- ArcelorMittal USA LLC
- Citigroup Global Markets Inc.
- Eby-Brown Company, LLC
- Equity Residential
- Euromarket Designs Inc. (Crate & Barrel)
- Grant Thornton, LLP
- Hyatt Corporation
- Illinois Tool Works
- LNV Corp.
- Marcus Lemonis LLC
- Match.com, L.L.C.
- Morgan Stanley Smith Barney
- NIBE Industrier AB
- Northern Trust
- SBE Entertainment
- TransUnion LLC
- United HealthCare
- United Parcel Service
- Viceroy Hotel Group
- Waste Management, Inc.
About Our Clients
ArcelorMittal USA LLC
Citigroup Global Markets Inc.
Eby-Brown Company, LLC
Euromarket Designs Inc. (Crate & Barrel)
Grant Thornton, LLP
Illinois Tool Works
Marcus Lemonis LLC
Morgan Stanley Smith Barney
NIBE Industrier AB
United Parcel Service
Viceroy Hotel Group
Waste Management, Inc.
Antitrust & Trade Regulation
Associations & Not-For-Profit Organizations
Corporate & Securities
Employee Benefits & Executive Compensation
Financial Restructuring and Bankruptcy
Fund Formation & Investment Management
Labor & Employment
Private Wealth Services
Real Estate Tax
Securities & Commodities Litigation
White Collar Criminal
Firm Practice Areas
- Banking and Finance Law
- Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights / Insolvency and Reorganization Law
- Commercial Litigation
- Corporate Law
- Employee Benefits (ERISA) Law
- Employment Law - Management
- Environmental Law
- Information Technology Law
- Insurance Law
- Labor Law - Management
- Litigation - Antitrust
- Litigation - Bankruptcy
- Litigation - Environmental
- Litigation - Intellectual Property
- Litigation - Patent
- Litigation - Real Estate
- Litigation - Regulatory Enforcement (SEC, Telecom, Energy)
- Litigation - Securities
- Litigation and Controversy - Tax
- Patent Law
- Real Estate Law
- Tax Law
- Trademark Law
- Trusts and Estates