Today the firm has 7 lawyers, and one overriding philosophy: cases are won with vigorous courtroom argument, backed by rigorous legal scholarship. For every lawyer in the courtroom, there is one in the office, poring over case law and developing cutting-edge legal strategies.
The firm's winning reputation for criminal defense is widely known through media coverage of Monnat's tenacious representation of accountants, children, clergy, doctors, lawyers, law enforcement officers, teachers and the unfortunate person whose home was mistakenly raided by police as being that of BTK.
Monnat's articles have been featured in numerous legal publications, and he lectures nationwide on criminal defense strategies and juror psychology.
Management / Department Heads
Top Listed State Awards
- Top Listed in Kansas in Criminal Defense: General Practice with 3 lawyers
Top Listed City Awards
- Top Listed in Wichita in Criminal Defense: General Practice with 3 lawyers
- U.S. News & World Reports Best Lawyers Best Law Firms Metropolitan First-Tier Ranking - 2015
- U.S. News & World Report Best Laywers Best Law Firms Metropolitan Tier 1 Ranking - 2016
- U.S. News & World Reports Best Lawyers Best Law Firms Metropolitan Tier 1 Ranking - 2017
- U.S. News & World Reports Best Lawyers Best Law Firms Metropolitan Tier 1 Ranking - 2018
Firm Practice Areas
- Appellate Practice
- Bet-the-Company Litigation
- Criminal Defense: General Practice
- Criminal Defense: White-Collar
- DUI/DWI Defense