Legal matters can be complicated, but in the hands of highly qualified, experienced, and trusted professionals, the complex can be made simple. The goal of the Atlanta business, tax & estate planning lawyers at MendenFreiman is to work closely with clients so that we can understand their needs, advise them accordingly and provide expert assistance to help them achieve their goals. Our firm employs sophisticated legal strategies for individual business owners to maximize their business potential and plan for the future while working to grow and preserve wealth, minimize taxes, and protect themselves and their families. Clients enjoy peace of mind knowing that the right decisions have been made and the proper strategies put in place to help them reach their goals.
MendenFreiman represents small and medium-sized businesses, in particular family-owned and closely-held businesses and franchisees, helping them with all their business legal needs. Additionally, MendenFreiman helps individual business owners protect their valuable business interests through estate planning, tax planning, and asset protection strategies. The firm’s expertise extends across all the following areas:
- Business Law – From business entity formation through business succession planning, MendenFreiman provides advice and representation for all types of business transactions, including commercial lending and real estate, franchise law, and risk management. Think of MendenFreiman as your outside general counsel, here to serve you whenever you need assistance with a legal issue.
- Taxation – Tax law is an area of focus for many of the attorneys at the firm, with expertise in tax controversy and planning. Whether you have a specific taxation legal issue or just need to know that your business and estate planning needs will be conducted with a careful eye toward tax law matters, MendenFreiman has you covered.
- Estate Planning – With a special eye toward the unique needs of the business owner, we draft the necessary wills, trusts and other legal documents to ensure your healthcare and financial needs are met during your lifetime while protecting assets and preserving wealth for future generations.
- Probate and Trust Administration – MendenFreiman represents executors, trustees, fiduciaries, family members, and beneficiaries in the myriad of tasks required to properly settle an estate. With our assistance, probate and estate administration can be conducted smoothly and efficiently, giving full effect to the intentions of testators and grantors in a timely manner.
A boutique firm headquartered in Atlanta and founded in 1997, MendenFreiman boasts a distinguished roster of highly-rated attorneys recognized in Georgia and throughout the southeastern United States. Our lawyers have been selected for accolades such as Georgia Trend Legal Elite, Georgia Super Lawyers, and Rising Stars. The firm has been awarded the highest and most prestigious AV Preeminent® rating from the renowned Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory, as well as the Five Star Wealth Manager Award.
Among law firms practicing in the Atlanta metro area, MendenFreiman is unique. In addition to being skilled and accomplished in the practice of law, all of our attorneys have strong, professional backgrounds in their areas of expertise. Our tax attorneys are former CPAs or hold a Master of Laws in taxation; our business attorneys have MBA degrees or backgrounds in the corporate world. This practical, real-world experience helps us to intimately understand your needs and goals, and serve not just as your outside general counsel, but also as your trusted advisor whenever you may need us.
About Our Clients
MendenFreiman clients hire us because we are uniquely qualified to navigate highly complex matters that have a long-term impact on both businesses and estates. The majority of the firm’s clients include:
- Family-owned and closely-held businesses
- Business owners
- Successful entrepreneurs, executives, and business leaders
- Multigenerational families
Our business clients include companies with both domestic and international operations from a range of sectors including manufacturing, distribution, services, technology, real estate and construction franchisees.
Firm Practice Areas
- Business Organizations (including LLCs and Partnerships)
- Closely Held Companies and Family Businesses Law
- Estate Planning
- Real Estate Law
- Tax Law
- Trusts and Estates