Its partners include past or current officers of the New York State Bar Association, the Federation of the Bar of the Sixth Judicial District and seven past Presidents of the Broome County Bar Association.
Members of the firm have been named to numerous honorary organizations and listings including the American College of Trusts and Estates Counsel, the American College of Trial Lawyers, Who’s Who in American Law, and Best Lawyers in America. In what has been the largest law firm merger in Broome County history, the prominent law firm of Chernin & Gold, also founded in 1927, joined Levene Gouldin & Thompson in 2000. The result yielded a practice that now features multiple offices and branches with over 75 attorneys and paralegals. Members of the firm are also admitted in a variety of other states including: Pennsylvania, Florida, Massachusetts, Illinois, Missouri and Georgia – with active practices in many of those states. Clients of the firm benefit from its commitment to increased efficiency through innovation and technology.
Whether advising local business owners on matters of development or tax planning, counseling senior citizens about the legal consequences of aging, helping an individual or family purchase a new home, or representing an accident victim seeking just compensation for personal injuries, the members and staff of Levene Gouldin & Thompson are committed to pursuing a standard of excellence coupled with and complemented by a compassionate concern for all those whom they are privileged to serve.
Top Listed City Awards
- Top Listed in Vestal with 15 lawyers
- Sertoma "Service to Mankind"
- NYSBA President's Pro Bono Award
- Jewish Federation
- Empire State Counsel
- United Way of Broome County for 10 consecutive years of participation in the "Day of Caring Program"
- 2011 Outstanding Business Partner Award from the Broome-Tioga BOCES School-to-Careers Partnership
- USTA Eastern Corporate Service Award
- NYSBA Ruth G. Schapiro Award to Kathryn Grant Madigan
- PA Bar Foundation Louis J. Goffman Award to James Carroll, Jr. for outstanding pro bono service
- Guthrie Health Care/Robert Packer Hospital
- Joint Landowners Coalition of New York, Inc.
- Koffman Enterprises
- M&T Bank
- McFarland-Johnson, Inc.
- NBT Bank
- Newman Development Group
- Olum's Inc.
- United Health Services
- United Methodist Homes
- William Run Foods, Inc.
Trusts & Estates
Firm Practice Areas
- Administrative / Regulatory Law
- Banking and Finance Law
- Cannabis Law
- Commercial Litigation
- Criminal Defense: General Practice
- Elder Law
- Energy Law
- Estate Planning
- Family Law
- Health Care Law
- Insurance Law
- Litigation - Insurance
- Medical Malpractice Law - Defendants
- Personal Injury Litigation - Plaintiffs
- Special Needs
- Trusts and Estates