1 The Best Lawyers in America® awards
He has dedicated his professional career to helping those who have been injured by another’s negligence on the road or on the rail and deserve ethical, experienced, and effective representation. With his national law practice, Patrick O’Brien has tried cases to verdict in 15 states and represented clients who resided in 30 states. (For states in which Patrick is not licensed to practice law, he applies to be admitted pro hac vice.) Pat O’Brien has represented railroad workers from all crafts. He has developed a specialty in handling occupational injury and toxic exposure illness claims under the FELA and has achieved numerous substantial verdicts against various railroads. Patrick O’Brien believes that a person who is injured by another’s negligence on the road or on the rail deserves ethical, experienced, and effective representation. Patrick O’Brien has a strong record of recovering full and fair compensation for medical bills, lost wages, future earnings, and pain and suffering for his clients.
Patrick O’Brien has been designated an AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated attorney by Martindale-Hubbell annually since 1995. He has consistently received a 5.0 out of 5, the highest possible rating for professional ethics and legal ability awarded by the organization's peer review rating system.
He is also proud to have been selected a “Best Lawyer” in America for Railroad Law in 2013. 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017. His Law Offices of Patrick S. O’Brien, LLC has been selected as a “Best Law Firm” in America in 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017.
Patrick has attained a 10.0 (superb) rating from Avvo.com.
Patrick has developed a specialty in handling occupational injury and toxic exposure illness claims under the FELA and has achieved numerous substantial verdicts against various railroads. Patrick is a member of the American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA), the Academy of Rail Labor Attorneys (ARLA), the American Association for Justice (AAJ) and is licensed to practice law in Missouri, Illinois, and Minnesota, and in various federal district courts and courts of appeal as listed below.
States and Courts in which Patrick O'Brien is Licensed or Admitted to Practice Law:
- Missouri, 1979
- Illinois, 1980
- Minnesota, 1986
- U.S. Court of Appeals 7th Circuit, 1985
- U.S. Court of Appeals 8th Circuit, 1988
- U.S. Court of Appeals 3rd Circuit, 1998
- U.S. Court of Appeals 6th Circuit, 2009
- U.S. Court of Appeals 10th Circuit, 2018
- U.S. District Court Western District of Missouri, 1979
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Missouri, 1980
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Illinois, 1983
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Illinois, 1989
- U.S. District Court Central District of Illinois, 2006
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Oklahoma, 2009
- U.S. District Court District of Colorado, 2011
- U.S. District Court District of Nebraska, 2012
Areas of Practice
- Railroad Worker Injury/FELA
- Plaintiff’s Personal Injury
- Plaintiff’s Workers Compensation
- Auto Injuries
- Trucking Injuries
- Product Liability
- Occupational Injuries
- Asbestos exposure
- Solvent exposure
- Toxic fume exposure
- Injuries suffered due to “slips and falls”
- Personal Injury Litigation - Plaintiffs
- Railroad Law
- Workers' Compensation Law - Claimants
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.