1 The Best Lawyers in America® award
CHRISTOPHER W. RUMBOLD, ESQ., Principal of the LAW OFFICE OF CHRISTOPHER W. RUMBOLD, PLLC was admitted to practice law in the State of Florida in 2002, and he is Board Certified as a Specialist in Marital and Family Law by the Florida Bar. He established the LAW OFFICE OF CHRISTOPHER W. RUMBOLD, PLLC in 2015 to provide clients throughout South Florida with discrete, quality, ethical representation in all manner of matrimonial and family law matters. As a seasoned trial attorney, he zealously advocates for his clients recognizing that certain matters require litigation, and as a Florida Supreme Court Certified Family Law Mediator (2013-2021)(private and court appointed), and Family Law Section certified Guardian Ad Litem (private and court appointed), he advises and promotes the benefits of simultaneously seeking amicable dispute resolution.
Christopher is a former Assistant Public Defender (Palm Beach, 2002-2005) with extensive trial experience defending misdemeanor and felony cases. Since 2005, Christopher has restricted his practice to complex, high income/high net-worth matrimonial and family law matters. He regularly practices in Palm Beach, Broward and Miami-Dade County. He joined the family division of Heller & Chames, P.A., (Miami) in 2005 as a senior associate. In 2010 he joined Gladstone & Weissman, P.A., (Broward/Boca Raton) as a senior associate and became a partner in the firm in 2014.
Christopher, an accomplished equestrian, international traveler, and avid reader resides in South Florida with his husband, Danial, and their three dogs. They are proud uncles of ten amazing nieces and nephews, and one fantastic great nephew.
- University of Florida, Frederick G. Levin College of Law (1998-2002) – J.D./M.A.(Sociology). Editor Journal of Technology, Law and Policy; recipient Pro Bono Award; member Phi Alpha Delta; member Graduate Student Council; member AKD (Sociological Honors Society); instructor undergraduate Sociology courses.
- Oakland University (1994-1997) – BA in psychology and sociology, cum laude; member Golden Key National Honor Society.
FAMILY LAW SECTION, FLORIDA BAR:
- Executive Committee - Treasurer (2022-23).
- Executive Committee – Secretary (2021-22).
- Executive Council – Member (2013-21).
- Legislation Committee Member (2011-20); Legislation Committee Co-Chair (2015-16); Alimony Rapid Response Group Chair (2020-21); Nomenclature Committee Chair (2017-20); General Magistrate & Hearing Office Committee Member (2010-18); Committee Co-Chair (2014); Committee Chair (2017-18); Membership Committee Member (2017-18); Publications Committee Member (2017-20); Rules & Forms Committee (2018-2019); CLE Committee Member (2019-2020); and Ad Hoc Lobbyist Committee (2019-2020); Finance Committee Chair (2022); Legislation Committee Liaison (2022).
- “Rising Star” Award Recipient (2011-12); “Outstanding Service” Award Recipient (2012, 2014, 2018, 2021); Chair’s “Special Recognition” Award Recipient (2015 and 2022).
- Testified dozens of times on behalf of the Family Law Section in Tallahassee before House and Senate Committees on pending legislation (2011-2015).
- Selectee, Member and Graduate of Inaugural Class, Florida Bar Leadership Academy (2013).
- Best Lawyers in America (2018-2021).
- Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Ratings; AV “Preeminent” Rated (2015–21).
- Superlawyers; Top 5% (2011–12) “Rising Star;”; (2013-21) “Superlawyer.”
- National Association of Distinguished Counsel; Nation’s Top 1% of Attorneys (2015–20).
- AVVO - 10/10 “Superb” (2015-2021).
- “A Phantom Menace: SB 58 / HB 351 and the Application of Foreign Law in Florida's Family Court,” Florida Bar Journal, Vol. 87, No. 9, November 2013.
- “Learning Today, Leading Tomorrow – Concept, Creed and Creation of the Inaugural Class of the Florida Bar’s Leadership Academy (Part 1 of 2)”, Florida Bar, Family Law Section Commentator, Volume XXVII, No. 2, Winter 2014.
- “In Recognition of Marital and Family Equality: The Family Law Section’s Brief Amicus Curiae in Shaw” Florida Bar, Family Law Section Commentator, Volume XXVIII, No.1, Fall 2014.
- “U.S. Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia: An Originalist in a Constructionist’s World” Florida Bar, Family Law Section Commentator, Vol. XXIX, No. 4, Summer 2016.
- Co-author Brief Amicus Curiae, in Florida v. Pareto, Case No.: 3D14-1816/3D14-1783 (Fla. 3d DCA 2014), on behalf of the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers, Florida Chapter.
- Co-author Brief Amicus Curiae in Shaw v. Shaw, Case No.: 2D14-2384 (Fla. 2d DCA 2014), on behalf of the Family Law Section and American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers (Florida).
- “Marital and Family Equality,” Marital and Family Law Review Course, Redbook, Vol. III, January 26 – 27, 2018.
- Co-Presenter “Cohabitation Agreements: Creating Contractual Relationships Outside of a Marriage”, Florida Bar, Family Law Section CLE (April, 2020)·
- “ Family Law Financial Issues – Potpourri”, Broward County Bar Association, Raising the Bar (April, 2019).
- “Bringing in 2017 with a Bang: Legislative, Decisional and Rule Based Revelations [You Must Know to Remain Practical, Proficient, Perceptive and Persuasive Practitioners],” Broward County Bar Association, Raising the Bar (May, 2017).
- “Alimony: Chock Full-O’-Nuts,” Broward County Bar Association, Nuts and Bolts, (November, 2016)
- “Achieving Equity – The Collaborative Process and Marital Equality,” Florida Academy of Collaborative Professionals – Orlando Chapter (August, 2016).
- Co-Presenter, “2016 Family Law Section Legislative Update,” Florida Bar, Family Law Section CLE (May, 2016).
- Co-Presenter, “Post-Obergefell: Parentage Issues for Same Sex Couples,” Florida Bar, Family Law Section CLE (March, 2016).
- Co-Presenter “Changing Landscape in Family Law” Broward County Bar Association, Bench and Bar Convention (October, 2015).
- “Massive Recall and Model Redesign” Florida Bar, Family Law Section (September, 2015).
- Co-Presenter “Post-Tenebrus Lux”, American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers: Annual Seminar, Florida Chapter (May, 2015).
- “The Evolution of Gay Marriage in Florida,” Broward County Bar Association, Raising the Bar (May, 2015).
- “Deposition Strategies from Preparation to Execution,” (CLE No.1787R), Florida Bar, Family Law Section (October, 2014).
- “Shacking Up is Fun to Do: Drafting Cohabitation and Partnership Agreements,” (CLE No.1612R), Florida Bar, Family Law Section (August, 2013). ·
- “Gay and Lesbian Family Law Issues,” Broward County Bar Association, Raising the Bar (May, 2011).
- Family Law
- Family Law Mediation
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.