CHRISTOPHER W. RUMBOLD, ESQ., Principal of the LAW OFFICE OF CHRISTOPHER W. RUMBOLD, PLLC was admitted to practice law in the State of Florida in 2002. He established the LAW OFFICE OF CHRISTOPHER W. RUMBOLD, PLLC in 2015 to provide clients throughout South Florida with discrete, quality representation in matrimonial and family law matters. As a trial attorney, he zealously advocates for his clients recognizing that certain matters require litigation. As a Florida Supreme Court Certified Family Law Mediator (2013-2018), he advises and promotes the benefits of simultaneously seeking amicable dispute resolution.
Christopher is a former Assistant Public Defender (Palm Beach, 2002-2005) with extensive trial experience defending misdemeanor and felony cases. Since 2005, Christopher has restricted his practice to complex, high income/high net-worth matrimonial and family law matters. He regularly practices in Palm Beach, Broward and Miami-Dade County. He joined the family division of Heller & Chames, P.A., (Miami) in 2005 as a senior associate. In 2010 he joined the boutique family firm Gladstone & Weissman, P.A., (Broward/Boca Raton) as a senior associate and became a partner in the firm in 2014.
Christopher, an accomplished equestrian, international traveler, and avid reader resides in South Florida with his husband, Danial, and their French Bulldogs (Frodo and Gizmo). They are proud uncles of ten amazing nieces and nephews.
- University of Florida, Frederick G. Levin College of Law (1998-2002) – J.D./M.A.(Sociology). Editor Journal of Technology, Law and Policy; recipient Pro Bono Award; member Phi Alpha Delta; member Graduate Student Council; member AKD (Sociological Honors Society); instructor undergraduate Sociology courses.
- Oakland University (1994-1997) – BA in psychology and sociology, cum laude; member Golden Key National Honor Society.
FAMILY LAW SECTION, FLORIDA BAR:
- Executive Council Member (2013-18).
- Legislation Committee Member (2011-18); Committee Co-Chair (2015-16).
- Nomenclature Committee Vice-Chair (2014-17).
- Nomenclature Committee Chair (2017-18). Membership Committee Member (2017-18).
- Publications Committee Member (2017-18).
- General Magistrate & Hearing Office Committee Member (2010-18); Committee Co-Chair (2014); Committee Chair (2017-18).
- “Rising Star” Award Recipient (2011-12).
- “Outstanding Service” Award Recipient (2012, 14).
- Chair’s “Special Recognition” Award Recipient (2015).
- Best Lawyers in America (2018-2019).
- Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Ratings; AV “Preeminent” Rated (2015–17).
- Superlawyers; Top 5% of Florida Attorneys (2011–12) Rising Star, (2013-17) Superlawyer.
- National Association of Distinguished Counsel; Nation’s Top 1% of Attorneys (2015–17).
- Attorney & Practice Magazine’s Top 10 Family Law Attorney (2017).
- AVVO - 10/10 “Superb” (2017).
- National Advocates; Top 100 Family Law Attorneys in South Florida (2016–17).
- Lawyers of Distinction; Top 10% of Attorneys Nationwide (2017).
- American Institute of Family Law Attorneys; 10 Best Attorneys (Florida) (2016–17).
- Esteemed Lawyers of America (2017).
- Selectee, Member and Graduate of Inaugural Class, Florida Bar Leadership Academy (2013).
- “A Phantom Menace: SB 58 / HB 351 and the Application of Foreign Law in Florida's Family Court,” Florida Bar Journal, Vol. 87, No. 9, November 2013.
- “Learning Today, Leading Tomorrow – Concept, Creed and Creation of the Inaugural Class of the Florida Bar’s Leadership Academy (Part 1 of 2)”, Florida Bar, Family Law Section Commentator, Volume XXVII, No. 2, Winter 2014.
- “In Recognition of Marital and Family Equality: The Family Law Section’s Brief Amicus Curiae in Shaw” Florida Bar, Family Law Section Commentator, Volume XXVIII, No.1, Fall 2014.
- “U.S. Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia: An Originalist in a Constructionist’s World” Florida Bar, Family Law Section Commentator, Vol. XXIX, No. 4, Summer 2016.
- Co-author Brief Amicus Curiae, in Florida v. Pareto, Case No.: 3D14-1816/3D14-1783 (Fla. 3d DCA 2014), on behalf of the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers, Florida Chapter; Co-author Brief Amicus Curiae in Shaw v. Shaw, Case No.: 2D14-2384 (Fla. 2d DCA 2014), on behalf of the Family Law Section and American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers (Florida).
- “Marital and Family Equality,” Marital and Family Law Review Course, Redbook, Vol. III, January 26 – 27, 2018.
- “Bringing in 2017 with a Bang: Legislative, Decisional and Rule Based Revelations [You Must Know to Remain Practical, Proficient, Perceptive and Persuasive Practitioners],” Broward County Bar Association, Raising the Bar (May, 2017).
- “Alimony: Chock Full-O’-Nuts,” Broward County Bar Association, Nuts and Bolts, (November, 2016).
- “Achieving Equity – The Collaborative Process and Marital Equality,” Florida Academy of Collaborative Professionals – Orlando Chapter (August, 2016).
- Co-Presenter, “2016 Family Law Section Legislative Update,” Florida Bar, Family Law Section CLE (May, 2016).
- Co-Presenter, “Post-Obergefell: Parentage Issues for Same Sex Couples,” Florida Bar, Family Law Section CLE (March, 2016).
- Co-Presenter “Changing Landscape in Family Law” Broward County Bar Association, Bench and Bar Convention (October, 2015).
- “Massive Recall and Model Redesign” Florida Bar, Family Law Section (September, 2015).
- Co-Presenter “Post-Tenebrus Lux”, American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers: Annual Seminar, Florida Chapter (May, 2015).
- “The Evolution of Gay Marriage in Florida,” Broward County Bar Association, Raising the Bar (May, 2015).
- “Deposition Strategies from Preparation to Execution,” (CLE No.1787R), Florida Bar, Family Law Section (October, 2014).
- “Shacking Up is Fun to Do: Drafting Cohabitation and Partnership Agreements,” (CLE No.1612R), Florida Bar, Family Law Section (August, 2013).
- “Gay and Lesbian Family Law Issues,” Broward County Bar Association, Raising the Bar (May, 2011).
- National Association of Distinguished Counsel: Nation's Top 1% of Attorneys (2015-2017)
- American Institute of Family Law Attorneys: 10 Best Attorneys (Florida) (2016-2017)
- National Advocates: Top 100 Family Law Attorneys in South Florida (2016-2017)
- Lawyers of Distinction: Top 10% of Attorneys Nationwide (2017)
- Esteemed Lawyers of America (2017)
- Superlawyers: Top 5% of Florida Attorneys (2011-12) Rising Star (2013-17) Superlawyers
- Attorney and Practice Magazine's Top 10 Family Law Attorneys (2017)
Firm Practice Areas
- Family Law
- Family Law Mediation