The KMK Approach to the Practice of Law
Keating Muething & Klekamp (KMK Law®) is a nationally recognized law firm of approximately 120 lawyers in Cincinnati, Ohio. While we have primarily built our reputation in the tri-state area, including Ohio, Kentucky and Indiana, our unwavering client-first approach has helped us extend our reach to include the entire nation.
We view each client's legal issues through the lens of CEO or business owner—finding efficient solutions for problems and developing strategies for the future. Our entrepreneurial approach allows us to help our clients move their businesses forward and to develop recommendations that are efficient, effective, and economical, all while keeping our clients' best interests at the forefront.
Specifically, we offer:
- Experience: In today’s connected world, location has become increasingly irrelevant. Great legal minds seek to live where they can achieve the best quality of life, while still producing top-level legal work for clients. For example, our firm includes several highly successful attorneys who left New York firms to return to Cincinnati. This deep bench and our collaborative work environment helps us provide unmatched legal counsel for our clients.
- Responsiveness: We’ll get back to you, sometimes within minutes. We understand the importance of responding to our clients’ inquiries in a timely manner and providing common-sense solutions without “overlawyering.” We take time upfront to develop a basic understanding of our clients’ strategic business plans, so we can provide fast, practical solutions to many legal problems.
- Likeability: We value our clients—and we genuinely enjoy working with them—so we strive to become an integral part of their team. In part, we’ll base our counsel on your company’s culture, not just your legal issue, and we’ll do our best to build a legal team with personalities that mesh well with your team to create a cohesive, efficient working relationship. All of the partners and associates at KMK Law take an entrepreneurial approach in their work, which has helped make KMK one of the most successful full-service law firms in Greater Cincinnati.
KMK retains one location in downtown Cincinnati, a deliberate decision made to enhance our ability to pool talents and resources to better serve clients and to provide increased value to our clients by maintaining relatively low overhead costs.
One Office By Choice: We are often asked how we can compete with multi-city, multi-office law firms for sophisticated legal work in the region and around the country. The answer: quite well. Multiple offices equate to higher overhead costs, which are passed through to clients in the form of higher billing rates. At KMK, we have all of our personnel in one office allowing us to work collaboratively as a team to achieve the best results for our clients – which translates to lower billing rates compared to most other firms.
Rather than invest in bricks and mortar office space, KMK invests in technology – virtual offices, proprietary extranet capabilities, and technologies which make us more efficient and allow us to communicate with clients very effectively and with less paper and less wasted resources. We travel across the country and internationally whenever needed, and we maintain lower costs and bridge distances through the effective use of technology. Our clients agree that KMK provides the same or better quality service as "big city," multi-office law firms, at rates that our clients appreciate. KMK: Sophisticated Practice at Midwest Cost.
The People Within
KMK excels as a law firm by recruiting and retaining the best and brightest attorneys and personnel. We believe a strong law firm evolves from having a team of individuals who have varied interests and diverse social, ethnic and political backgrounds – and who can offer wide-ranging perspectives to clients.
KMK maintains a close-knit, energetic, and supportive environment, just some of the reasons so many KMK attorneys and employees have made this firm their home for years. Our high retention rate and camaraderie help us deliver top-quality service and excellent results to clients. Making a real and direct impact on the communities we serve, a tradition passed on from our founders, remains important at KMK. Our firm financially supports more than 150 local charities, schools, and civic organizations each year.
Management / Department Heads
Top Listed City Awards
- Top Listed in Cincinnati in Litigation - Real Estate with 5 lawyers
- Top Listed in Cincinnati in Mergers and Acquisitions Law with 5 lawyers
- Named a Leading Law Firm by Chambers USA
- American Financial Group, Inc.
- Belcan Corporation
- Cintas Corporation
- Fifth Third Bank
- Great American Insurance Co.
- Great American Life Insurance Co.
- FC Cincinnati
- Al. Neyer, LLC
- Chiquita Brands International, Inc.
About Our Clients
Business Representation & Transactions
Business Representation & Transactions
Bankruptcy & Reorganization
Employee Benefits & Executive Compensation
Labor & Employment
Private Client Services
Private Client Services
Firm Practice Areas
- Banking and Finance Law
- Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights / Insolvency and Reorganization Law
- Bet-the-Company Litigation
- Business Organizations (including LLCs and Partnerships)
- Commercial Litigation
- Corporate Law
- Employee Benefits (ERISA) Law
- Employment Law - Management
- Environmental Law
- Family Law
- Insurance Law
- Labor Law - Management
- Land Use and Zoning Law
- Litigation - Antitrust
- Litigation - Banking and Finance
- Litigation - Bankruptcy
- Litigation - Construction
- Litigation - Environmental
- Litigation - ERISA
- Litigation - Intellectual Property
- Litigation - Labor and Employment
- Litigation - Land Use and Zoning
- Litigation - Real Estate
- Litigation - Securities
- Litigation - Trusts and Estates
- Mass Tort Litigation / Class Actions - Defendants
- Mass Tort Litigation / Class Actions - Plaintiffs
- Mergers and Acquisitions Law
- Municipal Law
- Personal Injury Litigation - Defendants
- Personal Injury Litigation - Plaintiffs
- Product Liability Litigation - Defendants
- Product Liability Litigation - Plaintiffs
- Project Finance Law
- Real Estate Law
- Securities / Capital Markets Law
- Securities Regulation
- Tax Law
- Trademark Law
- Trusts and Estates
- Venture Capital Law