2 The Best Lawyers in Canada™ awards
Isaacs Odinocki LLP is based in Toronto and represents clients throughout Canada and around the world. The Firm’s practice includes all aspects of maritime and transportation work, from marine insurance claims to marine casualties, from commercial transactions to charter-party arbitrations, and from litigation to alternative dispute resolution.
Isaacs Odinocki LLP and its predecessor firm, Isaacs & Co., has been involved in a number of precedent setting maritime law cases including cases defining the scope of Canada’s Admiralty jurisdiction. The Firm has significant experience in emergency legal applications, conducted on short notice and compressed time frames for the release detained ships and cargo and other injunctive relief.
Outside the courtroom, the Firm’s experience includes being involved in the immediate on-scene response to oil spills, dock strikes, ship-board fires and transportation safety investigations. Apart from maritime cases, The Firm also regularly acts in environmental, insurance, personal injury and general commercial litigation matters. Isaacs & Co. has an extensive background in all types of insurance related cases from complex product liability matters to professional errors and omissions claims to personal injury incidents.
Isaacs Odinocki LLP and its predecessor firm Isaacs & Co. is one of the best recognized and most awarded maritime law firms in Canada. Some of the professional recognitions received include:
Marine Insurance Law Firm of the Year in Canada, Corporate INTL Magazine 2010
Legal Award Best Lawyers in Canada, Maritime Law, 2009, 2010, 2011 & 2012
Canadian Lawyer Magazine, Canada’s Leading Law Firm Boutiques: Admiralty & Transportation Law, 2006 & 2010
Lexpert, Canada’s Legal Lexpert Directory “Most Frequently Recommended” Shipping and Maritime Law
The International Who’s Who of Shipping and Maritime Lawyers 2010
Who’s Who Legal: Canada; Shipping & Maritime 2010
Law Day Canada, “Leading Lawyer”, Maritime Law, 2009
Our lawyers strive to get our clients the results they want. We have had long relationships with most of our clients because we provide them with responsive, effective and efficient service. Our lawyers are experienced, sensible and leaders in the area, and regularly conduct trials and appeals in the Ontario Superior Court, the Ontario Court of Appeal, the Federal Court of Canada and the Federal Court of Appeal.
Isaacs Odinocki LLP represents a wide variety of transportation and insurance industry concerns, both domestic and foreign. For reasons of client confidentiality, we do not publish the names of our clients. However, our clients include:
- Many of the leading Canadian, American and British marine insurers
- Marine insurance brokers
- Protection & Indemnity Clubs for Ship-owners
- Cargo damage recovery agencies
- Major international transportation and logistics providers
- Freight Forwarders
- Shipping Companies, including:
- One of the largest Canadian-owned ship operators on the Great Lakes
- A major Great Lakes tug and barge operation
- International shipping companies
- Ship charterers and ship management companies
- Ship suppliers and chandlers
- Ship-builders and repairers
- Passenger and cruise vessel operators
- Port Authorities
- Owners of personal or private pleasure craft
- A leading international petroleum company
- One of Canada’s largest personal lines insurers
- Major Canadian and American retail chains
- Corporate and Commercial Litigation
- Insurance Law
- Maritime Law
- Product Liability Law
- Transportation Law
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.