Hoeppner Wagner & Evans has helped shape the development of the area’s communities through our attorneys’ involvement in business and trade organizations, activity as municipal counsel, and supporters of community events and fundraising efforts.Our practice reflects the varied needs of the clients we serve in Northwest Indiana, the Midwest and across the country, as well as overseas. Our mainstay is our trial practice which spans myriad issues from employment and benefits disputes to catastrophic injury litigation. Hoeppner Wagner & Evans was founded by some of the most distinguished trial attorneys in our area and this tradition continues at our firm today. Adapting to the changing times, our trial lawyers, who already are skilled in the art of persuasion, have access to the latest technology to best present our client’s case. They have also honed their skills as negotiators, as mediation and arbitration have become increasingly used by the courts to resolve disputes. In addition to handling disputes, our experienced and talented group of business attorneys address our clients’ transactional, employment, employee benefits, tax, and real estate needs. Supporting our business attorneys is our wealth and tax planning group, which not only provides appropriate wealth preservation planning for business owners, executives and individuals, but also develops plans for business succession that meet client objectives.
Located in Northwest Indiana, approximately an hour southeast of Chicago, our offices in Merrillville and Valparaiso serve clients from around the world. Our goal is to work with you in finding an efficient and effective solution to serious legal problems.
Our clients receive the benefit of our years of trial experience as well as our representation in many facets of litigation such as alternative dispute resolution, administrative proceedings, complex litigation, jury trials and appeals in state and federal courts. We counsel and provide representation to clients in business, banking, real estate, zoning, estate planning and wealth management.
We encourage you to investigate our practice areas in more detail on our website, sign up for our blog of free legal publications or connect with us on Facebook, Linked-In and Twitter or call us at either 219-464-4961 or 219-769-6552.
Top Listed City Awards
- Top Listed in Merrillville with 3 lawyers
- Indiana State Bar Association Diversity Award
- Listed in America's Greatest Places To Work With A Law Degree
- Tier 1 ranking in the 2013 edition of U.S. News - Best Lawyers "Best Law Firms."
- Bet-the-Company Litigation, Commercial Litigation, Litigation - Construction, Litigation - Labor & E
- 2013 Go-To Law Firms at the Top 500 Companies - American Lawyer Media
- Selected by U.S. News - Best Lawyers "Best Law Firms" for 2017 in the following categories: Litigation - Real Estate (National Tier 2); Commercial Litigation, Litigation-Labor & Employment, Personal Injury Litigation - Defendants (Chicago Metropolitan Ti
About Our Clients
White Lodging Services Corporation
Blue Chip Casino
Direct Buy, Inc.
United Consumers Club, Inc.
Falk PLI Engineering & Surveying
Manley Bros., Inc.
Mittal Steel USA, Inc.
Indiana Beverage, Inc.
TAG (The American Group of Constructors, Inc.)
Whiteco Industries, Inc.
Porter County Educational Services
East Porter County School Corporation
Business & Corporate Law
Mediations & Arbitrations
Real Esate, Zoning & Land Use
Wealth & Tax Planning
Firm Practice Areas
- Business Organizations (including LLCs and Partnerships)
- Commercial Litigation
- Employment Law - Management
- Labor Law - Management
- Land Use and Zoning Law
- Real Estate Law