We don’t draft wills or review contracts. We don’t lobby Congress, give tax advice, defend DUIs, draft leases or negotiate labor contracts. No divorces.
We instead focus on complex financial trial work, especially securities and antitrust litigation, business and shareholder disputes, municipal bond default litigation, class actions, consumer fraud, and stock fraud arbitrations. Our cases typically involve accounting issues, securities or antitrust violations, business valuations, shareholder fights, derivative suits, business "divorces" among co-owners, covenants not to compete, or trademark litigation. We most often represent plaintiffs, but we think our experience on the plaintiffs’ side of cases also makes us better defense lawyers.We’ve taken cases all the way to the United States Supreme Court, and we have litigated cases in state and federal courts across the nation.
We have offices in Birmingham, Alabama, and Chicago, Illinois.
- Alabama Securities Commission
- Corporate America Credit Union
- The Retirement Systems of Alabama
- American Osment
- Consumer Financial Education Foundation of America, Inc.
About Our Clients
The Retirement Systems of Alabama
Corporate America Credit Union
Consumer Financial Education Foundation of America, Inc.
Firm Practice Areas
- Appellate Practice
- Closely Held Companies and Family Businesses Law
- Commercial Litigation
- Consumer Protection Law
- Corporate Governance Law
- Derivatives and Futures Law
- Eminent Domain and Condemnation Law
- Employment Law - Individuals
- Employment Law - Management
- Litigation - Antitrust
- Litigation - Banking and Finance
- Litigation - Environmental
- Litigation - ERISA
- Litigation - Land Use and Zoning
- Litigation - Mergers and Acquisitions
- Litigation - Securities
- Litigation - Trusts and Estates
- Mass Tort Litigation / Class Actions - Plaintiffs
- Personal Injury Litigation - Plaintiffs
- Public Finance Law
- Qui Tam Law
- Securities / Capital Markets Law
- Securities Regulation