On a local, regional and national level, our attorneys handle complex and challenging matters, from professional negligence to insurance coverage, and from product liability to commercial disputes. We assist clients with business strategies designed to avoid litigation. We help clients prepare for anticipated litigation before suit is filed. Once litigation starts, we provide clients with the information necessary to effectively manage the litigation. Goodell DeVries' litigation resources are comparable to those in the litigation departments of the country’s largest law firms.
Formed in 1988 by sixteen attorneys, our firm now has more than sixty lawyers in 2 offices. Our growth has been fueled by clients satisfied with the expertise of our attorneys and our ability to obtain results in an effective, cost efficient manner.
By using the latest in collaborative technologies, Goodell DeVries employs digital tools that keep clients informed while information remains accessible, secure and compliant with regulatory requirements. This also reduces the time it takes to communicate and collaborate on important issues.
Goodell DeVries' lawyers are committed to serving both bar and community. Our lawyers are published in a variety of areas, addressing both the skill of trial advocacy and substantive areas of law. We donate substantial time to pro bono work and community activities. Our lawyers are always happy to speak to groups of any size on issues relating to our practice.
Top Listed State Awards
- Top Listed in Maryland in Mass Tort Litigation / Class Actions - Defendants with 6 lawyers
- Top Listed in Maryland in Medical Malpractice Law - Defendants with 6 lawyers
- Top Listed in Maryland in Product Liability Litigation - Defendants with 10 lawyers
Top Listed City Awards
- Top Listed in Baltimore in Mass Tort Litigation / Class Actions - Defendants with 6 lawyers
- Top Listed in Baltimore in Medical Malpractice Law - Defendants with 6 lawyers
- Top Listed in Baltimore in Personal Injury Litigation - Defendants with 4 lawyers
- Top Listed in Baltimore in Product Liability Litigation - Defendants with 10 lawyers
- "Outstanding Volunteer Law Firm of the Year" for pro-bono work with Veteran's Benefits by HPRP
- Chambers USA - Recognized for Product Liability & Mass Torts, Medical Malpractice, Insurance, and General Commercial Litigation
- Best Lawyers 2019 - recognizes 16 lawyers in 11 practice areas
- Allstate Insurance Co.
- ARINC Inc.
- Ascension Health
- Bayer Corporation
- Boehringer-Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Crown Equipment Corporation
- DENTSPLY International, Inc.
- Eisai, Inc.
- Johns Hopkins Hospital
- MedStar Health
- Pfizer Inc
- Takeda Pharmaceutical Co.
- The Doctors Company
Firm Practice Areas
- Appellate Practice
- Bet-the-Company Litigation
- Commercial Litigation
- Construction Law
- Employment Law - Management
- Health Care Law
- Insurance Law
- Legal Malpractice Law - Defendants
- Leisure and Hospitality Law
- Litigation - Construction
- Litigation - Insurance
- Litigation - Intellectual Property
- Mass Tort Litigation / Class Actions - Defendants
- Medical Malpractice Law - Defendants
- Personal Injury Litigation - Defendants
- Product Liability Litigation - Defendants
- Professional Malpractice Law - Defendants
Firm News & Media
One South Street, 20th Floor
Baltimore, MD 21202
Two Commerce Square, Suite 3700
2001 Market Street
Philadelphia, PA 19103