Celebrating its centennial year in 2019, Foulston Siefkin LLP is the largest firm in Kansas with nearly 90 lawyers and offices in Kansas City, Topeka, and Wichita. We are proud to be one of the oldest law firms in the state and look forward to a bright future providing premier legal services to our clients for another 100 years or more. Our Kansas base allows us to offer clients the attractive value proposition associated with our affordable locale as well as the benefits associated with receiving hands-on, personal attention from lawyers recognized among the very best in the United States.
The firm represents a broad range of clients with state, national, and global business interests. Foulston Siefkin’s industry experience is equally broad. We represent agriculture, energy, and natural resource producers and processors; general construction entities and subcontractors; corporations; financial institutions; franchisers and franchisees; health care and senior care providers; insurance companies; manufacturers; professional entities; public utilities; service providers; and others.The firm’s practice areas cover the legal spectrum; a description of some of our largest practice areas follows.
Civil and Complex Litigation: Administrative representation; antitrust; banking; business contract and commercial disputes; class actions; data breach; insurance defense; intellectual property; mediation and alternative dispute resolution; qui tam; and tort defense in personal injury, products liability, professional malpractice, and property damage cases
Business Matters: Commercial bankruptcy; contracts and agreements; corporate and entity formation; corporate finance; e-business; energy; environmental; federal and state taxation, including tax planning, contested tax disputes, elder law, and estate planning; franchise and distribution; intellectual property; mergers and acquisitions; oil and gas; privacy and data security; private equity and venture capital; private placements; public policy law and government relations; real estate and construction; regulatory compliance; succession planning; tax-exempt organizations; and wind energy and water rights
Employment and Labor: Affirmative action plans; employee relations; employee benefits; Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA); employment contracts and non-compete agreements; employment discrimination defense; immigration; National Labor Relations Board (NLRB) representation; organized labor; Occupational Safety and Health Administration(OSHA); and wage and hour
Health Care Law: Regulatory and corporate compliance programs; anti-kickback matters; electronic health records; EMTALA; fraud and abuse; government investigations; HIPAA privacy and security; licensing, accreditation, and certification; managed care; medical malpractice; peer review and risk management; professional liability defense; reimbursement; and Stark law
Top Listed State Awards
- Top Listed in Kansas with 50 lawyers
- Top Listed in Kansas in Bet-the-Company Litigation with 7 lawyers
- Top Listed in Kansas in Commercial Litigation with 12 lawyers
- Top Listed in Kansas in Corporate Law with 5 lawyers
- Top Listed in Kansas in Employment Law - Management with 7 lawyers
- Top Listed in Kansas in Health Care Law with 4 lawyers
- Top Listed in Kansas in Insurance Law with 4 lawyers
- Top Listed in Kansas in Litigation - Intellectual Property with 5 lawyers
- Top Listed in Kansas in Litigation - Labor and Employment with 9 lawyers
- Top Listed in Kansas in Medical Malpractice Law - Defendants with 5 lawyers
- Top Listed in Kansas in Personal Injury Litigation - Defendants with 12 lawyers
Top Listed City Awards
- Top Listed in Wichita with 39 lawyers
- Top Listed in Wichita in Bet-the-Company Litigation with 6 lawyers
- Top Listed in Wichita in Commercial Litigation with 9 lawyers
- Top Listed in Wichita in Employment Law - Management with 5 lawyers
- Top Listed in Wichita in Litigation - Intellectual Property with 4 lawyers
- Top Listed in Wichita in Litigation - Labor and Employment with 7 lawyers
- Top Listed in Wichita in Personal Injury Litigation - Defendants with 9 lawyers
- Kansas Law Firm of the Year by Benchmark Litigation
- 34 Foulston Siefkin LLP attorneys have been named a Lawyer of the Year in their practice areas
- Fifty-four Foulston Siefkin attorneys were selected by their peers to be included in the 2015 edition
- Chambers USA ranked Foulston Siefkin as the overall leading law firm in Kansas in 2014
- AVIVA USA
- Cargill Incorporated
- Catholic Diocese of Wichita
- Commerce Bank
- Delta Dental of Kansas, Inc.
- Freddy's Frozen Custard
- Koch Industries, Inc.
- Nueterra Healthcare
- Spirit AeroSystems, Inc.
- Stormont-Vail Healthcare, Inc.
- The Coleman Company, Inc.
- Value Place LLC
- Via Christi Health
- Wichita State University
About Our Clients
Aeroflex, Wichita Division
American Restaurant Partners, L.P.
Arthritis Research Foundation
Bank of Kansas
Berry Companies, Inc.
Boot Hill Casino & Resort
Bombardier Aerospace Learjet
Cancer Center of Kansas, P.A
Capitol Federal Financial
Cargill Meat Solutions Corporation
Catholic Care Center
Catholic Diocese of Dodge City
Catholic Diocese of Wichita
Central Bank and Trust Co.
Cereal Food Processors, Inc.
Cessna Aircraft Company
CGF Industries, Inc.
CIBOR, Inc. (Center of Innovation for Biomaterials in Orthopaedic Research)
CIP Investment Properties
City of Wichita
Coffey Health Systems
Crawford & Company
Crum & Forster
Davis-Moore Auto Group
Dean E. Norris, Inc (DEN)
Delta Dental of Kansas, Inc.
Dondlinger & Sons Construction Co., Inc.
DPIC Companies, Inc.
EDF Renewable Energy
EDP Renewables North America (f/k/a Horizon Wind Energy)
First Federal Bank of Kansas City
Foley Equipment Co.
Fox & Hound Restaurant Group
Freddy’s Frozen Custard
Galichia Medical Group, P.A.
Garvey Elevators, Inc.
Goodwill Industries of Kansas, Inc.
Greater Wichita Economic Development Coalition, Inc.
Hays Medical Center, Inc.
Hays/Russell Water District
Health Facilities Group, LLC
Howard + Helmer architecture
Hutchinson Regional Medical Center
Independent Living Resource Center, Inc.
Integra Technologies LLC
Integrated Consulting Engineers, Inc.
Intermed Insurance Company
INTRUST Bank Invista
J-A-G Construction Co.
Jeff Krehbiel Associates
Jet Midwest, Inc.
Kaneb Pipe Line Company
Kansas City Orthopaedic Institute
Kansas City Urology Care, P.A.
Kansas County Association Multiline Pool (KCAMP)
Kansas CVS Pharmacy
Kansas Dental Association
Kansas Health Care Stabilization Fund
Kansas Orthopaedic Center, P.A.
Kansas Park Trust, Inc.
Kemper Insurance Companies
Key Gas Corp.
Koch Industries, Inc.
KVC Behavioral HealthCare Kansas, Inc.
Lubrication Engineers, Inc.
McCormick Armstrong Co., Inc.
McCoy Petroleum Corporation
Mental Health Association of South Central Kansas, Inc.
Mesa Operating Co.
Mid Kansas Engineering Consultants
Murfin Drilling Co., Inc.
Murphy Tractor & Equipment Co.
PBA Architects, P.A.
Philadelphia Insurance Companies
Pioneer Wind Energy
Pratt Community College
Pratt Regional Medical Center
Presbyterian Manors of Mid-America
Professional Engineering Consultants
Professional Mechanical Contractors, Inc.
Ranger Insurance Co.
Raven Wind Energy
Reece & Nichols Realtors
RSUI Group, Inc.
SAFECO Property & Casualties Ins. Co.
Schaefer, Johnson, Cox, Frey Architecture
Sedgwick County Zoological Society, Inc.
Shelley Electric, Inc.
Shelter Insurance Companies
Snodgrass & Sons Construction Co, Inc.
South Central KS Health Insurance Group
Spangenberg Phillips Architecture
Spirit AeroSystems, Inc.
Sports Car Club of America, Inc.
Stoltz Mangement Corporation
Stormont-Vail Healthcare, Inc.
Susan B. Allen Memorial Hospital
TFI Family Services, Inc.
The Boeing Co.
Bank of America, N.A.
The Coleman Company, Inc.
The Hayes Company Inc.
The Home Depot
The IMA Financial Group, Inc.
The Waldinger Corporation
TransPacific Oil Corp.
Travelers Construction Insurance
Tri-State Generation & Transmission Association, Inc.
United Methodist Health Ministry Fund, Inc.
University of Kansas Medical Center Research Institute, Inc.
Utica National Insurance Group
Value Place LLC
Vess Oil Corporation
Via Christi Clinic
Via Christi Health System, Inc.
WDM Architects P.A.
Wichita Area Technical College
Wichita Area Builders Association
Wichita Business Coalition on Health Care, Inc.
Wichita Habitat for Humanity, Inc.
Wichita Metro Chamber of Commerce, Inc.
Wichita Nephrology Group, P.A.
Wichita State University
Wichita Surgical Specialists, P.A.
Wichita Technology Corporation
Wilson County Medical Center Foundation
YUM! Brand franchisees
Antitrust & Trade Regulation
Banking & Financial Services
Commercial & Complex Litigation
Emerging Small Business
Employee Benefits & ERISA
Employment & Labor
Estate Planning & Probate
Family Business Enterprise
Government Investigations and White Collar Crime
Insurance Defense Litigation
Mergers & Acquisitions
Oil, Gas & Minerals
Private Equity & Venture Capital
Public Policy Law and Governmental Relations
Tax Exempt Organizations
Firm Practice Areas
- Appellate Practice
- Banking and Finance Law
- Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights / Insolvency and Reorganization Law
- Bet-the-Company Litigation
- Commercial Litigation
- Construction Law
- Copyright Law
- Corporate Compliance Law
- Corporate Governance Law
- Corporate Law
- Criminal Defense: White-Collar
- Elder Law
- Employee Benefits (ERISA) Law
- Employment Law - Management
- Energy Law
- Environmental Law
- Equipment Finance Law
- Financial Services Regulation Law
- Franchise Law
- Government Relations Practice
- Health Care Law
- Information Technology Law
- Insurance Law
- Labor Law - Management
- Legal Malpractice Law - Defendants
- Leveraged Buyouts and Private Equity Law
- Litigation - Antitrust
- Litigation - Banking and Finance
- Litigation - Bankruptcy
- Litigation - Construction
- Litigation - Environmental
- Litigation - ERISA
- Litigation - Intellectual Property
- Litigation - Labor and Employment
- Litigation - Land Use and Zoning
- Litigation - Municipal
- Litigation - Patent
- Litigation - Real Estate
- Litigation - Regulatory Enforcement (SEC, Telecom, Energy)
- Litigation - Securities
- Litigation - Trusts and Estates
- Medical Malpractice Law - Defendants
- Mergers and Acquisitions Law
- Mining Law
- Municipal Law
- Natural Resources Law
- Oil and Gas Law
- Patent Law
- Personal Injury Litigation - Defendants
- Personal Injury Litigation - Plaintiffs
- Product Liability Litigation - Defendants
- Professional Malpractice Law - Defendants
- Project Finance Law
- Real Estate Law
- Securities / Capital Markets Law
- Tax Law
- Technology Law
- Trademark Law
- Trusts and Estates
- Venture Capital Law
- Water Law
32 Corporate Woods, Suite 600
9225 Indian Creek Parkway
Overland Park, KS 66210-2000
Topeka Tower, Suite 1400
534 South Kansas Avenue
Topeka, KS 66603
1551 North Waterfront Parkway, Suite 100
Wichita, KS 67206-4466