Davies has the highest ratio of partners to associates of any major Canadian law firm and its lawyers bring a level of commitment and collaboration that is consistent with their status as owners. These advantages have fostered a culture of excellence within the firm and resulted in the highest percentage of top-ranked lawyers of any major Canadian firm.
The firm's success is rooted in its highly integrated approach to business law and transactional practice. This approach allows lawyers to draw upon the expertise of their colleagues from all three offices across a range of disciplines and helps define Davies as a market leader in each of its core practice areas.
Davies' extensive achievements and accolades reflect the depth of its talent and help to attract and retain lawyers of all levels of experience who have the ability and motivation to be among the very best in their chosen areas of practice.
INTERNATIONAL REACH: The reach of Davies' practice is global, encompassing work for a wide range of leading industrial and commercial companies and financial institutions, both public and privately held, in Canada, the United States and abroad. Clients also include governments, regulatory bodies, charitable organizations, international agencies and educational institutions. In addition to its involvement in most major Canadian transactions, the firm also advises clients on transactions around the world, including some with no Canadian component.
Many clients in need of specialized legal services are directed to Davies by other North American and international law firms. Lawyers in the New York office advise Canadian, American and overseas clients on U.S. aspects of multi-jurisdictional transactions as well as purely domestic U.S. legal issues.
The firm has assisted clients in numerous countries around the world including, among others, Argentina, Australia, Belize, Brazil, Chile, China, Denmark, France, Germany, Ghana, Indonesia, Italy, Japan, Kazakhstan, Luxembourg, Mexico, Panama, Peru, Portugal, Russia, Singapore, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, the United Kingdom and the United States.
LANGUAGES: Arabic, Cantonese, English, French, German, Hebrew, Hindi, Italian, Mandarin, Punjabi, Russian, Spanish and Ukrainian.
Law Firm of the Year Awards
- Tax Law in Canada (2018)
Top Listed National Awards
- Top Listed in Canada in Competition / Antitrust Law with 9 lawyers
Top Listed State Awards
- Top Listed in Ontario, Canada in Competition / Antitrust Law with 9 lawyers
- Top Listed in Ontario, Canada in Gaming Law with 3 lawyers
- Top Listed in Ontario, Canada in Project Finance Law with 10 lawyers
- Top Listed in Quebec, Canada in Real Estate Law with 8 lawyers
Top Listed City Awards
- Top Listed in Toronto in Competition / Antitrust Law with 9 lawyers
- Top Listed in Toronto in Gaming Law with 3 lawyers
- Top Listed in Toronto in Project Finance Law with 10 lawyers
- Top Listed in Montréal in Real Estate Law with 8 lawyers
Firm Practice Areas
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Appellate Practice
- Banking and Finance Law
- Bet-the-Company Litigation
- Biotechnology Law
- Class Action Litigation
- Corporate and Commercial Litigation
- Corporate Law
- Derivatives Law
- Energy Law
- Energy Regulatory Law
- Environmental Law
- Equipment Finance Law
- Gaming Law
- Insolvency and Financial Restructuring Law
- Leveraged Buyouts and Private Equity Law
- Maritime Law
- Mergers & Acquisitions Law
- Natural Resources Law
- Private Funds Law
- Project Finance Law
- Public Finance Law
- Real Estate Law
- Securities Law
- Structured Finance Law
- Tax Law
- Technology Law
- Transportation Law
- Trusts and Estates
155 Wellington Street West
Toronto, ON M5V 3J7
1501 McGill College Avenue, 26th Floor
Montréal, QC H3A 3N9
900 Third Avenue, 24th Floor
New York, NY 10022