6 The Best Lawyers in Canada™ awards
Cummings Andrews Mackay LLP (CAM LLP) is a respected personal injury law firm based in Edmonton, Alberta. Since 1962, our lawyers have been getting results for seriously injured Albertans. We are skilled negotiators, and our firm was lead counsel on two of the three cases before the Supreme Court of Canada that shaped the law of personal injury compensation in Canada.
We offer a compassionate commitment to individualized legal services and we have built up extensive expertise representing seriously injured people and helping them through the recovery and claims process. We have a reputation for being well prepared and insurance defence counsel take us seriously.
Over the many years our firm has spent guiding clients through the legal process to successful resolutions of their claims, we have been counsel in precedent-setting personal injury cases. Clients represented by our firm were awarded damages that set the bar for school liability (MacCabe v. Westlock Roman Catholic Separate School Dist. No. 110) and soft tissue injuries (Wittmeier v. Scholes), respectively. We have also achieved court awards and out-of-court settlements reaching $5 million (lump sum) and $30 million in structured settlement tax-free payouts, respectively. While awards vary and depend on factors including the severity of the injury, duration of loss and overall impact on life, our firm’s experience representing people with severe injuries in complex claims benefits all our clients.
Personal injury is a unique area of legal practice where experience makes a positive difference to the outcome. It takes time and exposure to multiple types of claims to develop the knowledge and skills necessary to efficiently and effectively:
- identify all the legal issues in a case and explain them clearly so that clients fully understand the process and their options,
- investigate the full impact of an injury, including making sure the right medical professionals and experts are called in when needed,
- implement a plan to move forward that includes access to the resources required to pursue optimal recovery,
- present a case so that insurance companies will listen, and
- represent clients in proceedings best suited to their cases, whether that takes the form of settlement negotiations, mediation, or a trial.
We are dedicated to exceeding the expectations of our clients and their families—in both our personal service approach and the results we deliver. We look forward to being of service.
- Personal Injury Litigation
- Top Listed in Alberta, Canada in Personal Injury Litigation with 6 lawyers
- Top Listed in Edmonton in Personal Injury Litigation with 6 lawyers
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.