VIGO, a leading law firm specialized in liability law, gathers a team of established lawyers, who continually build upon their success and experience. Founded in August 2009 by Emmanuel Daoud, Christine Carpentier and Julie Ferrari, the firm now comprises 17 experienced lawyers, including three of our former senior associates, Julien Cheval and Emmanuel Mercinier, who became partners in January 2011, and César GHRENASSIA who became partner in January 2016. VIGO Cabinet d’avocats is widely regarded as one of the best criminal law firms in Paris, with wide-ranging experience in white collar crime and compliance, as well as traditional and international criminal defence. The team is composed of 12 associates. The firm has also distinguished itself by handling a number of major pro bono work.
Specializations’ areas: · White-collar and corporate crime · General criminal law · Criminal liability aspects of consumer law · Criminal liability aspects of labour law · Criminal liability aspects of health and safety law · Criminal liability aspects of tax law · Cybercrime and data protection · Criminal liability aspects of environmental and urban development law · International criminal law and Human Rights · Media law and new information and communications technologies · Compliance and internal investigation Specific industry sectors : · Distribution · Retail · Food industry · Banking and insurance · Industry · Energy · Online games · Luxury · Health · Sports · Telecommunications and media · Airline transportation The firm also specializes in sports related litigation, advising such clients as the World Anti-Doping Agency, the French Athletics Federation and sports agents. Its main areas of recent growth are cybercrime, integrated compliance work, including CSR.
Management / Department Heads
- o Awarded “Gold” in White Collar Crime, Palmarès des avocats – Le Monde du droit 2018
- Distinguished as Leading in Litigation & Arbitration – White Collar Crime, LeadersLeague 2018
- Ranked Tier 1 in Dispute resolution: white-collar crime, Legal500 EMEA 2018
- Awarded “Silver” in the category “Boutique firm over 5 yo”, Palmarès des avocats – Le Monde du droit 2018
- o Awarded “Silver” in Sports law, Palmarès des avocats – Le Monde du droit
- VIGO was named « Business Crime Defense – Law Firm of the Year 2018 » by Lawyer Monthly
- given Four Stars by Option Finance/Option Droit et Affaires for its work in White-Collar Crime and Financial Regulation in 2018.
Firm Practice Areas