Established in 1976 by founding shareholder Michael S Burg, Burg Simpson Eldredge Hersh & Jardine, P.C. is one of the country’s leading plaintiff trial firms.
This award-winning firm currently has over 60 attorneys in seven states. The firm now has offices in Colorado, Wyoming, Arizona, Ohio, New Mexico, Florida, and Nevada. All of the lawyers at Burg Simpson, 27 of whom have been named Best Lawyers for 2020, are passionately committed to protecting the legal rights of injured individuals seriously harmed as a result of the negligence of others. The firm has an extraordinary track record, having successfully represented tens of thousands of clients over the last 43 years. In the process, the firm has secured more than $1bn in verdicts, settlements, and judgments on behalf of its clients and has obtained more than 200 individual recoveries in excess of $1m.
Attorneys in Burg Simpson’s Wyoming office include former US Senator The Honorable Alan K Simpson (R-Wyoming) and his son, Colin M Simpson, the managing shareholder of the Cody office. In 2010, Alan K Simpson was appointed by President Obama to serve as the Co-Chairman of the National Commission on Fiscal Responsibility. As prominent members of the local community, Burg Simpson attorneys recognize that they have an important role to play inside and outside of the courtroom. The firm supports a variety of charities and non-profit organizations and is committed to its mission to be ‘Good Lawyers, Changing Lives.’
Burg Simpson is a national leader in pharmaceutical mass tort litigation. Founding shareholder and past President of The National Trial Lawyers, Michael S Burg leads the team. Federal judges have selected Michael and his team to lead numerous high profile litigations over the past 4 decades. Michael was the co-lead counsel in the Yasmin/Yaz birth control litigation and assumed leadership positions in other multi-district litigations involving Ortho Evra and Zyprexa. Burg Simpson shareholder Peter W Burg was appointed co-lead counsel in the Gadolinium-based contrast agents multidistrict litigation, and Seth A Katz is a member of the Plaintiffs’ Steering Committee in the DePuy ASR hip replacement multidistrict litigation. Janet G Abaray, the managing shareholder of the Cincinnati office, is also a prominent figure and the co-leader of the Burg Simpson mass tort litigation team.
Few firms can match Burg Simpson’s ability to try catastrophic personal injury and wrongful death cases. Michael Burg's son, Mr. Stephen J. Burg now leads the personal injury department and works closely with shareholders Holly Kammerer and Peter Burg.
When workers are injured on the job, Burg Simpson's workers' compensation team helps people navigate the complex process between filing a claim and earning full benefits. Practice leader, and Burg Simpson shareholder, Nick Fogel skillfully leads the Workers' Compensation team.
Burg Simpson handles all types of medical malpractice cases in every state in the U.S. Over the last 40-plus years the firm has developed a stellar national reputation for the quality of its work, and the medical malpractice team continues to thrive under the expert leadership of named shareholder, Scott Eldredge.
Burg Simpson represents Fortune 500 companies, medium-sized corporations, and family-owned businesses, as well as individuals in complex commercial litigation. Burg Simpson's commercial practice group is headed by Michael S Burg, David P Hersh, and David K TeSelle. The firm is at the forefront of litigation involving bond fraud and alleged collusion between the rating agencies and investment companies following the 2008 collapse of the worldwide financial markets. Burg Simpson represents private and institutional investors.
In 2019, the firm represented grieving families in what has referred to in the national media as "The Body Parts Case", a case that exposed a nationwide "black market" industry that profits by selling and trafficking human body parts. Since the case began, laws have changed and are
continuing to change across the country, most notably in Arizona and Colorado
(see §12-140-101, CRS. This case shines a light on a sinister, previously unregulated nationwide
industry and sent a message to those running these shops that they can no
longer hide in the shadows. The jury
awarded $58.5 million to the twelve clients whose claims could be proven at
trial, and Burg Simpson is proud of the impact this case has had nationwide in
bringing about much needed change in state
laws, so that other families never have to
suffer from this again.
Burg Simpson is also a recognized leader in the area of construction defect litigation, representing individual homeowners and homeowner associations. Under the skilled leadership of practice group leaders Mari Perczak and Craig Nuss, the construction defect team holds builders accountable to make sure that homeowners do not have to suffer from the consequences of living in poorly constructed homes. In 2013, the construction defect team delivered the largest jury verdict in the state of Colorado, and in 2018, shareholders David P. Hersh and Colin Simpson secured one of the largest verdicts ever recorded in Teton County, Wyoming.
Kerry N. Jardine is Burg Simpson's Managing Shareholder.
Burg Simpson - Good Lawyers. Changing Lives.
Top Listed State Awards
- Top Listed in Colorado in Litigation - Construction with 5 lawyers
- Top Listed in Colorado in Mass Tort Litigation / Class Actions - Plaintiffs with 8 lawyers
- Top Listed in Colorado in Personal Injury Litigation - Plaintiffs with 8 lawyers
- Top Listed in Colorado in Product Liability Litigation - Plaintiffs with 6 lawyers
Top Listed City Awards
- Top Listed in Englewood with 21 lawyers
- Top Listed in Englewood in Litigation - Construction with 5 lawyers
- Top Listed in Englewood in Mass Tort Litigation / Class Actions - Plaintiffs with 8 lawyers
- Top Listed in Englewood in Personal Injury Litigation - Plaintiffs with 7 lawyers
- Top Listed in Englewood in Product Liability Litigation - Plaintiffs with 5 lawyers
- National Trial Lawyers 25 Most Influential Law Firms
- US News and World Report Best Law Firms in America
- Highly Recommended By Benchmark Litigation
- 10 Attorneys Ranked AV® Preeminent™ 5 out of 5.0 by Martindale-Hubbell
- Michael Burg Colorado Lawyer of the Decade
- Recomended by The Legal 500 For Mass Tort
- Holly Kammerer Top Women Lawyer
- #1 Product Liability Law Firm Martindale Hubbell
- Michael Burg selected by U.S. Legal 500 Hall of Fame for Product Liability, Mass Tort and Class Action: Pharmaceuticals & Medical Devices-Plaintiff.
- 2019 Best Lawyers - Women in the Law - Business Edition: Holly Kammerer, Janet Abaray, Meghan Quinlivan, Angela McGraw, and Mari Perczak.
- 26 Lawyers Named to Super Lawyers or Rising Stars
Insurance Bad Faith
Mass Tort Litigation
Firm Practice Areas
- Commercial Litigation
- Consumer Protection Law
- Insurance Law
- Legal Malpractice Law - Plaintiffs
- Mass Tort Litigation / Class Actions - Plaintiffs
- Medical Malpractice Law - Plaintiffs
- Personal Injury Litigation - Defendants
- Personal Injury Litigation - Plaintiffs
- Product Liability Litigation - Plaintiffs
- Professional Malpractice Law - Plaintiffs
- Workers' Compensation Law - Claimants
Firm News & Media
2390 East Camelback Road, Suite 403
Phoenix, AZ 85016
40 Inverness Drive East
Englewood, CO 80112
465 Anglers Drive, Suite 1-A
Steamboat Springs, CO 80487
3993 Howard Hughes Parkway, Suite 470
Las Vegas, NV 89169
4801 Lang Avenue NE, Suite 110
Albuquerque, NM 87109
312 Walnut Street, Suite 2090
Cincinnati, OH 45202-4028
1135 Fourteenth Street
Cody, WY 82414-0490