Further, one of the hallmarks of the firm is its devotion to providing the highest quality of legal services to our clients in a manner consistent with their objectives and cost concerns and in a personalized environment that facilitates the mutual trust and respect necessary for a successful attorney-client relationship. The firm continually achieves this objective by implementing an integrated team approach. This team approach enables clients to call upon the guidance of any and all of our attorneys whose experience in various legal and business matters spans many disciplines. In this manner, we are able to provide our clients with specific and in-depth advice that they require in order to achieve their goals.
Since the firm was established, two standards have remained constant: to strive for legal excellence and to be involved in the communities in which we work and live. The members of our firm have served or now serve as presidents, directors, and officers of community and business organizations. Past and present members of our firm have served the city and state as appointed or elected officials. BSW attorneys are active in Bar Activities, serving as officers and directors in the American, Louisiana, and Baton Rouge Bar Associations. The firm maintains a staff of highly trained legal assistants, including Certified Public Accountants, and our employees use the most advanced systems and equipment available to deliver an effective and economical legal product with a focus on client service.
Simply stated, our primary focus is growing and protecting each client’s business. We routinely advise businesses on numerous operational and ownership issues, assisting them in anticipating issues that may be encountered in pursuing their business and corporate strategies. Whether it is negotiating contracts, advising on management restructures or assisting in the purchase or sale of a business, our attorneys possess the skill set to help our clients achieve their goals.
Top Listed State Awards
- Top Listed in Louisiana in Litigation - Health Care with 5 lawyers
- Top Listed in Louisiana in Litigation - Insurance with 8 lawyers
Top Listed City Awards
- Top Listed in Baton Rouge in Litigation - Health Care with 5 lawyers
- Top Listed in Baton Rouge in Litigation - Insurance with 8 lawyers
- Top Listed in Baton Rouge in Tax Law with 4 lawyers
- 13 attorneys in 2013 edition of Louisiana Super Lawyers.
- E. Fredrick Preis, Jr. and Peter Butler, Jr. named to New Orleans CityBusiness' “Leadership in Law."
- Van R. Mayhall, III named by Baton Rouge Business Report as Forty Under 40 Under 40 for 2012.
- Selected by Fortune Magazine and Martindale-Hubbell® as one the Top Ranked Law Firms in the US.
- 13 lawyers selected for Best Lawyers 2013.
- Peter Butler, Alan Goodman & Eve Masinter selected New Orleans Magazine "Top Lawyers."
- Troy Villa named Baton Rouge Lawyer of the Year in Mergers & Acquisitions Law by Best Lawyers.
- American Health Lawyers Ass. names BSW one of the largest Healthcare teams in the country.
- High rankings for four Practice Areas and had eight attorneys listed in Chambers USA--2012.
- High rankings for four Practice Areas and had ten attorneys listed in Chambers USA--2013.
- Recognized by the American Health Lawyers Association as having one of the largest healthcare teams in the country and also having the second largest healthcare team of 11 members in Louisiana.
- Modern Healthcare lists BSW as one of the “Largest Healthcare Law Firms” in the country, ranked 55 on a list of 75.
- Fifteen lawyers from Breazeale, Sachse & Wilson, L.L.P. were recently selected by their peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America 2014.
- Thomas Benjamin, Peter Butler, Jr., Alan Goodman, Eve Masinter, and Wesley Plaisance were named "Top Lawyers of New Orleans" by New Orleans Magazine.
- Leo C. Hamilton was honored by the A.P. Tureaud Sr. Black Alumni Chapter at LSU for his accomplishments and contributions to the university.
- 12 attorneys have been named to the 2013 edition of Louisiana Super Lawyers and eight attorneys have been named Rising Stars.
- Received high rankings for five Practice Areas and had twelve attorneys listed in Chambers USA--2014.
- U.S. News & World Report and Best Lawyers , for the fourth consecutive year, announce the 2014 “Best Law Firms” rankings. BSW receives high ranking in 23 practice areas.
- American Health Lawyers Association recognized BSW as having one of the top healthcare teams in the country and in Louisiana with 100% involvement.
- Modern Healthcare lists BSW as one of the “Largest Healthcare Law Firms” in the country, ranked 63 on a list of 69.
- Seventeen BSW lawyers were recently selected by their peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America® 2015.
- Attorneys B. Troy Villa and Paul M. Hebert, Jr. were recently selected as 2015 "Lawyer of the Year" by Best Lawyers. B. Troy Villa was selected for Mergers and Acquisition Law. Paul M. Hebert, Jr. was selected for Family Law.
- Twenty-three attorneys from Breazeale, Sachse & Wilson, L.L.P. have been named to the 2016 edition of The Best Lawyers in America.
- Thirteen attorneys from Breazeale, Sachse & Wilson, L.L.P. were listed in the 2016 edition of Louisiana Super Lawyers and eight attorneys have been named "Rising Stars"
- Received high rankings for five practice areas and had sixteen attorneys ranked in the 2016 edition of Chambers USA.
- Corporate LiveWire recognized BSW's Bankruptcy and Restructuring Team in their 2016 Global Awards
- Breazeale, Sachse & Wilson, L.L.P. was recognized by American Health Lawyers Association as having one of the top healthcare teams in the country. BSW was also recognized as the second largest healthcare team in Louisiana.
- Modern Healthcare recognized BSW in its Healthcare Law Firms Survey.
- The American Bar Association Health Law Section recognized BSW on their Top 10 in the South List.
- Twenty-six Breazeale, Sachse & Wilson, L.L.P. attorneys named to the 2017 edition of the Best Lawyers in America
- Five BSW attorneys were named "Lawyer of the Year" by Best Lawyers: David R. Cassidy, Murphy J. Foster, III, Gregory D. Frost, Van R. Mayhall, Jr., and Claude F. Reynaud, Jr.
Firm Practice Areas
- Banking and Finance Law
- Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights / Insolvency and Reorganization Law
- Business Organizations (including LLCs and Partnerships)
- Closely Held Companies and Family Businesses Law
- Commercial Litigation
- Construction Law
- Corporate Compliance Law
- Corporate Governance Law
- Corporate Law
- Economic Development Law
- Eminent Domain and Condemnation Law
- Employee Benefits (ERISA) Law
- Employment Law - Individuals
- Environmental Law
- Family Law
- Gaming Law
- Government Relations Practice
- Health Care Law
- Immigration Law
- Labor Law - Management
- Labor Law - Union
- Litigation - Antitrust
- Litigation - Banking and Finance
- Litigation - Bankruptcy
- Litigation - Construction
- Litigation - Environmental
- Litigation - Health Care
- Litigation - Intellectual Property
- Litigation - Labor and Employment
- Litigation - Mergers and Acquisitions
- Litigation - Real Estate
- Litigation - Regulatory Enforcement (SEC, Telecom, Energy)
- Litigation and Controversy - Tax
- Mass Tort Litigation / Class Actions - Defendants
- Mass Tort Litigation / Class Actions - Plaintiffs
- Medical Malpractice Law - Defendants
- Mergers and Acquisitions Law
- Oil and Gas Law
- Personal Injury Litigation - Defendants
- Product Liability Litigation - Defendants
- Project Finance Law
- Public Finance Law
- Real Estate Law
- Securities / Capital Markets Law
- Tax Law
- Trade Secrets Law
- Transportation Law
- Trusts and Estates
- Workers' Compensation Law - Employers