Bowles Rice is celebrating our centennial anniversary in 2020, having begun as a three-attorney firm in Charleston, West Virginia in 1920. Since that time, we have grown, through expansions and mergers, into a regional full-service law firm with more than 110 attorneys and a staff of more than 150 professionals, serving clients in West Virginia, Pennsylvania, Virginia, Ohio, Maryland, and throughout the world.
Five of Bowles Rice’s seven offices are located in West Virginia: in Charleston (West Virginia's capital city); Morgantown (home to West Virginia University); Parkersburg (on the West Virginia-Ohio border); Martinsburg (located less than an hour's drive from Washington, DC as well as the borders of Maryland, Virginia and Pennsylvania); and Wheeling (in the state’s “Northern Panhandle,” bordering both Ohio and Pennsylvania). The firm’s office in southwestern Pennsylvania is located in the Southpointe commercial complex in Washington County, less than 30 minutes from Pittsburgh. Bowles Rice also has an office in Winchester, Virginia, the county seat of Frederick County.
As a full-service firm committed to meeting the needs of our clients, Bowles Rice offers a wide range of legal services, including corporate and commercial law and litigation; mergers and acquisitions; labor and employment law; federal, state and local tax law; government relations; employee benefits, executive compensation and employee benefits; environmental and regulatory law; municipal bonds and public finance; bankruptcy and creditors' rights; and insurance defense.
We provide legal services and dispute resolution to clients in such key industry groups as banking and financial services; energy and natural resources (oil and natural gas, coal and alternative energy); manufacturing; chemical; construction; education; health care; commercial real estate development and hospitality, gaming and hospitality/tourism.
Bowles Rice attorneys are active leaders in the business community, as well as charitable, educational, civic and community organizations throughout our region. We are a member and the West Virginia representative of the Network of Trial Law Firms.
- Administrative / Regulatory Law
- Banking and Finance Law
- Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights / Insolvency and Reorganization Law
- Bet-the-Company Litigation
- Commercial Litigation
- Construction Law
- Corporate Compliance Law
- Corporate Governance Law
- Corporate Law
- Education Law
- Eminent Domain and Condemnation Law
- Employee Benefits (ERISA) Law
- Employment Law - Management
- Energy Law
- Environmental Law
- Ethics and Professional Responsibility Law
- Financial Services Regulation Law
- Government Relations Practice
- Health Care Law
- Insurance Law
- International Arbitration - Commercial
- Labor Law - Management
- Legal Malpractice Law - Defendants
- Litigation - Antitrust
- Litigation - Banking and Finance
- Litigation - Bankruptcy
- Litigation - Construction
- Litigation - Environmental
- Litigation - First Amendment
- Litigation - Intellectual Property
- Litigation - Labor and Employment
- Litigation - Real Estate
- Litigation - Trusts and Estates
- Litigation and Controversy - Tax
- Mass Tort Litigation / Class Actions - Defendants
- Media Law
- Medical Malpractice Law - Defendants
- Mergers and Acquisitions Law
- Mining Law
- Natural Resources Law
- Oil and Gas Law
- Personal Injury Litigation - Defendants
- Personal Injury Litigation - Plaintiffs
- Product Liability Litigation - Defendants
- Professional Malpractice Law - Defendants
- Public Finance Law
- Real Estate Law
- Tax Law
- Trusts and Estates
- Workers' Compensation Law - Employers
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.