Bernstein Litowitz Berger & Grossmann LLP (BLB&G) is one of the leading law firms worldwide advising institutional investors on issues related to corporate governance, shareholder rights and securities litigation. Recovering over $31 billion for investors since its founding in 1983, BLB&G has obtained many of the largest securities fraud recoveries in history and has achieved precedent-setting corporate governance reforms on behalf of its institutional investor clients.
BLB&G is regularly appointed by the courts as lead counsel in US securities class actions, and has distinguished itself by focusing on the representation of respected institutional investors in meritorious cases. Well known for ‘consistently bringing high-impact cases’ (Securities Class Action Services), the firm is extremely selective in its prosecutions, and only pursues matters where its clients have significant holding. A distinguished group of trial-tested litigators, BLB&G has repeatedly and consistently earned high praise from the courts before which it practices, as well as the respect of the defense firms and insurance carriers whom it faces in court and across the negotiating table.
Moreover, as a result of their accomplishments, BLB&G and its attorneys have been the subject of numerous feature articles in major media publications in the US and abroad, including in BusinessWeek, The Wall Street Journal, The American Lawyer, and The National Law Journal, among others. The firm is widely recognized as ‘the biggest star in the firmament’ (Financial Times) and ‘one of the best, bar none’ (Euromoney), and is well regarded for ‘consistently achieving the highest returns for investors’ (The National Law Journal) among law firms prosecuting complex securities fraud. Chambers USA, in which clients declared that BLB&G ‘gives the best advice in the field’, has awarded the firm top ranking in plaintiff securities litigation every year since the category’s inception.
We specialize in the litigation of securities class, derivative and direct actions in federal and state courts; corporate governance litigation, including claims for breach of fiduciary duty and proxy violations; prosecuting violations of federal and state anti-discrimination laws and vindication of employee rights; and consumer claims. We also handle, on behalf of major institutional clients and lenders, more general complex commercial litigation involving allegations of breach of contract, accountants' liability, breach of fiduciary duty, fraud and negligence. (See our practice areas for more detail.)
The firm represents more public pension funds and other institutional investors than any other plaintiffs' firm in the country. To that end, we provide comprehensive asset protection services by monitoring portfolios and thoroughly investigating potential securities claims. Our rigorous investigation and case analysis is essential to helping our clients decide which cases to bring and which cases not to bring.
We have also prosecuted some of the most significant employment discrimination, civil rights and consumer protection cases on record. Equally important, the firm has advanced novel and beneficial principles by developing important new law in the areas in which we litigate.
For over thirty years, the firm has remained committed to litigating with the highest level of excellence and integrity and to protecting victims of corporate wrongdoing and workplace discrimination where the government's regulatory bodies do not. Particularly today, when our country's capital markets are being besieged by corporate scandals of unprecedented proportions and trillions of dollars have been lost, our litigation has become essential for victims of corporate wrongdoing to recover their losses.
- The National Law Journal’s "Plaintiffs' Hot List" - One of three firms named 11 years to this list
- Named a Fortune 500 "Go-To" Law Firm by American Lawyer Media
- One of Law360’s “Plaintiffs Securities Firms of the Year”
- National and metropolitan Tier 1 firm by "Best Law Firms"
- Named one of “Most Feared Plaintiffs Firms” by Law360
- Named One of Law360's “Securities Group of the Year”
- Named "Plaintiff of the Year" by Benchmark Litigation in 2014, 2015 and 2016
- NLJ named BLB&G to its “Elite Trial Lawyers” list of the top plaintiff firms in the nation
- "Highly Recommended" top tier firm by Benchmark Litigation
- Legal 500 - Top Tier firm in "plaintiff representation-securities" for 11 years in a row; also a Top Tier firm in "M&A: Litigation" for 6th year in a row
- Chambers USA - Leading Firm under "Litigation - Securities Mainly Plaintiff" for 12th year in a row
- Global Pensions Names BLB&G "Class Action Law Firm of the Year"
About Our Clients
Firm Practice Areas
- Commercial Litigation
- Litigation - Mergers and Acquisitions
- Litigation - Securities
- Mass Tort Litigation / Class Actions - Plaintiffs
- Professional Malpractice Law - Plaintiffs
12481 High Bluff Drive, Suite 300
San Diego, CA 92130
875 North Michigan Avenue, Suite 3100
Chicago, IL 60611
2727 Prytania Street, Suite 14
New Orleans, LA 70130
1251 Avenue of the Americas
New York, NY 10020