The award-winning attorneys at Baum, Hedlund, Aristei & Goldman have earned a reputation for breaking new ground, holding Fortune 500 companies accountable, influencing public policy, raising public awareness, and improving product safety.
More Than $4 Billion in Verdicts or Settlements for Our Clients
Baum, Hedlund, Aristei & Goldman is recognized as a preeminent plaintiff firm that handles commercial transportation litigation, pharmaceutical drug and medical device product liability, toxic torts, class actions, and whistleblower lawsuits. Our attorneys have represented thousands of victims in airline, general aviation, bus, train, and trucking accidents, as well as those harmed by defective pharmaceuticals, medical devices and other consumer products.
Our firm served as co-lead trial counsel in cases against agrochemical giant Monsanto Company (now Bayer) that resulted in two of the largest jury verdicts in recent history, worth a combined $2.344 billion*. The verdicts in Johnson v. Monsanto Co. and Pilliod et al. v. Monsanto Co. were hard-earned legal victories that will have a lasting impact not just for the plaintiffs and their families, but for public health and the environment.
In recognition of our work in the Monsanto Roundup litigation, the firm received the following honors and awards:
· America’s 50 Most Influential Trial Lawyers (2019) | Trial Lawyer Magazine
· California Top 100 Lawyers (2019) | The Daily Journal
· Top 40 Under 40 Lawyers in California (2019) | The Daily Journal
· Trial Team of the Year (2019) | Elite Trial Lawyers
· Winning Litigators (2019) | National Law Journal
· Top Plaintiffs Lawyers in California, 2019 | Daily Journal
· 500 Leading Plaintiff Consumer Lawyer (2019) | Lawdragon
· CVN’s Top 10 Most Impressive Plaintiff Verdicts of 2018
· Rising Star (2019) | Law360
· Daily Journal Top Verdicts (2018)
Baum, Hedlund, Aristei & Goldman has successfully litigated against some of the largest corporations in the world, including major airlines, rail organizations, pharmaceutical and medical device companies, agrochemical corporations, and even the federal government. Thousands of people have entrusted us to represent their interest in lawsuits against:
- Ground Transportation Companies
Allied Waste Industries, Amtrak, CR England, CSX Corporation, Eagle Systems, Food Express Inc., Food 4 Less, Ford Motor Co., GARDA Inc., Greyhound, J.B. Hunt; Kimberly-Clark, Lucky’s, Metrolink, Roadway Express, Ryder Truck Rental, Schneider National Trucking, Swift Transportation, Tyson Foods, and Werner Enterprises.
- Aviation Companies
Aerospatiale, Airbus, Alaska Air, American Airlines, Beechcraft, Bell Helicopter Textron, Boeing, Bombardier, Cessna, Continental Airlines, Delta Airlines, Grumman, Heli USA Airways, Hughes Aircraft, JetBlue, McDonnell Douglas, Piper, Robinson Helicopters, Rockwell, Sikorsky, Southwest Airlines, United Airlines, and US Airways.
- Defective or Dangerous Product Manufacturers
Alpha Therapeutic, Armour Pharmaceutical Co., Baxter Healthcare Corporation, Bayer Corporation, Covidien, Cutter Biologicals, Eli Lilly, Forest Labs, GlaxoSmithKline/SmithKline Beecham, Johnson & Johnson, Marion Merrell Dow/Richardson-Merrell, Medtronic Inc., Merck, Monsanto Company, Oclassen, Pfizer, Schering-Plough, Sigma Aldrich, Solvay Pharmaceuticals, Stryker Biotech, Takeda Pharmaceuticals, and Wyeth Pharmaceuticals.
Awards and Recognition
Baum Hedlund Aristei & Goldman earned the distinguished honor from The National Law Journal and ALM Media of “Elite Trial Lawyers” first place winner two years in a row (2018-2019). In 2018, we received the award for our groundbreaking verdict in a high-profile generic Paxil suicide case against drug manufacturer GlaxoSmithKline. R. Brent Wisner, attorney and vice president of the firm, was also named "Titan of the Plaintiff’s Bar" by Law360 for his work on the case.
After obtaining a $289.2 million unanimous landmark verdict against Monsanto (now Bayer) in the summer of 2018 for causing a California man to develop non-Hodgkin lymphoma caused by exposure to Roundup weed killer, the National Trial Lawyers Top 100 awarded our trial team and co-counsel with “2019 Trial Team of the Year.” In addition, The National Law Journal and Trial Lawyer Magazine named trial attorney Brent Wisner, co-lead trial counsel on the Johnson case, one of “America’s Most Influential Trial Lawyers” and the Daily Journal recognized Brent in the “Daily Journal Top 100 Lawyers for 2018.”
Our firm has also earned the highest AV® Peer Review Rating through Martindale-Hubbell® and is proud to be recognized in (among others):
Best Lawyers in America®
“The oldest and most highly-respected peer review legal guide”
The Bar Register of Preeminent Lawyers™
“The most distinguished law firms in America”
Leader’s Forum, The American Association for Justice
“Seeks to inform the public about the critical role that trial attorneys play in holding wrongdoers accountable for their actions”
U.S. News & World Report Best Lawyers® Best Law Firms
“Recognized for professional excellence with persistently impressive ratings from clients and peers”
Inclusion in these publications is solely based on merit. The firm’s long history of professional and educational excellence continues with each case entrusted to it.
*The verdicts in Johnson and Pilliod were reduced by the judges overseeing both cases but both are on appeal.
Baum Hedlund has taken on the Zantac cancer litigation after the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) announced that it is investigating Zantac cancer risks after testing of certain Zantac (ranitidine hydrochloride) tablets found the commonly-used heartburn medication contains a cancer-causing chemical up to 3,000 times greater than the FDA’s daily intake limit. The carcinogenic chemical present in Zantac is known as N-nitrosodimethylamine (“NDMA”). Though the FDA has yet to issue an official Zantac recall, CVS and Walgreens have pulled Zantac and Zantac OTC generics from their shelves and Apotex has voluntarily recalled its ranitidine products from Rite-Aid and Walgreens.
- 2019 Trial Team of the Year | The National Trial Lawyers Top 100
- California Top 100 Lawyers for 2018, R. Brent Wisner | Daily Journal
- Titan’s of the Plaintiffs Bar, R. Brent Wisner | Law 360
- Board-Certified as Truck Accident Law Attorney, Diane Marger Moore | NBTA
- Elite Trial Lawyers, First Place Pharmaceutical Litigation, 2018 | National Law Journal, ALM Media
- Elite Trial Lawyers, First Place Mass Tort Litigation, 2019 | National Law Journal, ALM Media
- America’s 50 Most Influential Trial Lawyers, R. Brent Wisner | National Law Journal, Trial Lawyer Magazine
- Winning Litigators, R. Brent Wisner | National Law Journal
- The Best Lawyers in America
- Martindale Hubbell Bar Register of Preeminent Lawyers
- Aviation Counsel Magazine's List of Recommended High Flyers
- National Air Disaster Foundation Safety Award
- Leader's Forum, The American Association for Justice
- U.S. News & World Report Best Lawyers® Best Law Firms
- AV® Preeminent Peer Review Rated, Martindale Hubbell®
- The National Trial Lawyers Top 100 Trial Lawyers
- Martindale-Hubbell® Client Distinction Award, Honor Based on Client Review Ratings
- Avvo.com Superb Score 10 out of 10
- Southern California Super Lawyers
- Southern California Super Lawyers Rising Stars
- Avvo Clients’ Choice Award
- Nation’s Top One Percent, National Association of Distinguished Counsel
- Top 10 Most Impressive Plaintiff Verdicts of 2018 | Courtroom View Network
Firm Practice Areas
- Aviation Law
- Mass Tort Litigation / Class Actions - Plaintiffs
- Personal Injury Litigation - Plaintiffs
- Product Liability Litigation - Plaintiffs
- Qui Tam Law
- Railroad Law
- Transportation Law
Firm News & Media
10940 Wilshire Boulevard, 17th Floor
Los Angeles, CA 90024
District of Columbia
District of Columbia
2101 L Street, NW, Suite 800
Washington, DC 20037
East Tower, 12th Floor
1500 Market Street
Philadelphia, PA 19102