Basham is a full-service law firm with a strong presence in Latin America. Established in Mexico in 1912, the firm has more than 100 years of experience helping clients to do business throughout Mexico and abroad.
The firm’s clients include financial institutions, individuals, medium-sized companies and prominent international corporations, such as PPG Industries; Walmart; AAM Maquiladora México; Colgate Palmolive; Noble Energy; Norges Bank; Bank of America; Michelin; Alstom; JK Tornel; Sanrio; VF Outdoor México; Enertec Exports; Tubos de Aceros de México; Gerdau; Gap; Recicladora de Propiedades y Viviendas Mexicanas; Diageo; and NBC Universal, among others.
Chambers Latin America (2018) has recommended Basham Ringe y Correa as a leading firm in competition/ antitrust; corporate; M&A; energy and natural resources; intellectual property; labour and employment; and private wealth law and tax.
The firm’s large group of lawyers and support staff is committed to maintaining the highest professional and ethical standards. In addition, Basham’s lawyers actively participate in worldwide associations and international transactions. This in turn improves the firm’s growing capacity to serve its clients; indeed, it has spent over a century constantly adjusting to the dynamics of the global business environment.
The high level of specialisation and development within each department, along with the coordination of the various practice areas and lawyers’ in-depth knowledge of markets and economic trends, combine to provide clients with outstanding legal and business insight, leading to innovative, practical and timely solutions.
Basham, Ringe y Correa has a team of experts across its three strategic offices located in Mexico City, Monterrey and Queretaro with unparalleled expertise in their practices.
MAIN INTERNATIONAL AREAS OF PRACTICE
The firm has a wide range of practice areas including: anti-corruption; compliance and investigations; antitrust; automotive; banking and finance; capital markets; civil; commercial litigation and arbitration; commercial insolvency; contracts; corporate; corporate governance; criminal litigation and counselling on crime prevention; environmental law and sustainability; estate planning and asset protection; foreign investments; foreign trade customs and regulatory; franchising; government bidding and privatisations; government procurement; immigration; information technology; intellectual property; labour, employment and social security; luxury law; mergers and acquisitions; privacy and data protection; pro bono; tax consulting and litigation; and trusts.
The firm’s work also covers a variety of sectors, including: aerospace; aviation and airport law; consumer protection; gaming and sweepstakes area; health; insurance; life sciences; mining; oil and gas; real estate; renewable energies and electricity powers; shipping law and port law; social security; telecommunications; and trucking and railroads.
Finally, the firm actively encourages the participation of all of its lawyers in pro bono work for, among others, charitable institutions and non-profit organisations. For this purpose, the firm has created the Basham Foundation.
With over a century of delivering high-quality legal services, Basham, Ringe y Correa has become Mexico’s premium choice for domestic and foreign clients in need of solutions for complex legal work.
Basham, Ringe y Correa’s other recent recognitions include:
- THE BEST LATIN AMERICAN LAW FIRM: CORPORATE IN THE SILVER AWARDS 2019 by the International Legal Alliance Summit
- THE BEST LATIN AMERICAN IP FIRM IN THE SILVER AWARDS 2019 by the International Legal Alliance Summit
- FIRM OF THE YEAR IN MEXICO by Who’s Who Legal from 2007 through 2020.
- THE BEST LATIN AMERICAN IP FIRM IN THE GOLD AWARDS 2018 by the International Legal Alliance Summit
- THE BEST LATIN AMERICAN LAW FIRM: CORPORATE IN THE SILVER AWARDS 2018 by the International Legal Alliance Summit
- INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY LAW FIRM OF THE YEAR IN 2018 Award given by the publication Best Lawyers.
- INTERNATIONAL TAX REVIEW Basham has been ranked in tier 1 in Tax controversy by International Tax Review.
- CLIENT SERVICE AWARD Granted by Chambers Latin America in 2014.
- GOLD AWARD As Best Mexican Firm in Mexico in 2010, 2012, 2015, 2016 and 2017,
- SILVER AWARD granted by International Legal Alliance Summit in 2008, 2010, 2011, 2013,2014, 2016 and 2017.
- SILVER AWARD As The Best Intellectual Property Mexican Firm in 2016 and 2017 granted by Leaders League.
- MEXICO TAX DISPUTES FIRM OF THE YEARBy the International Tax Review in 2010, 2011, 2012 and 2013.
- MEXICO TAX COURT FIRM OF THE YEARBy the International Tax Review in 2015.
- THE PRO-BONO AWARD By Fundación Appleseed de México, A.C. in 2014.
- MEXICO PATENT FIRM OF THE YEAR AWARD Granted by Managing Intellectual Property in 2016.
Spanish, English, French, Portuguese, Japanese, German and Mandarin.
Law Firm of the Year Awards
- Tax Law in Mexico (2022)
- Intellectual Property Law in Mexico (2021)
- Intellectual Property Law in Mexico (2018)
- APM Terminals
- Bank of America Merrill Lynch
- Coca Cola
- Louis Vuitton
- Medica Sur
"Law Firm of the Year"
Mexico's "Law Firm of the Year" awards:
- Tax Law - 2022
- Intellectual Property Law - 2021
- Intellectual Property Law - 2018
Firm Practice Areas
- Arbitration and Mediation
- Aviation Law
- Banking and Finance Law
- Capital Markets Law
- Civil Litigation
- Commercial Litigation
- Competition / Antitrust Law
- Customs and Excise Law
- Energy Law
- Environmental Law
- Financial Institutions
- Franchise Law
- Gaming Law
- Immigration Law
- Information Technology Law
- Intellectual Property Law
- International Arbitration
- Labor and Employment Law
- Privacy and Data Security Law
- Real Estate Law
- Tax Law
- Technology Law
- Trade Law
- Transportation Law
- Trusts and Estates