23 The Best Lawyers in America® awards
3 Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch in America awards
Founded in 1876, Barrett McNagny LLP is one of the oldest law partnerships in the state of Indiana and among the largest in northeast Indiana. Our history dates back to 1876, when James M. Barrett, a law graduate of the University of Michigan, arrived in Fort Wayne to form a practice with Charles H. Aldrich.
In 1987, the firm moved to its current location on Berry Street in a building that is as much a part of Fort Wayne history as Barrett McNagny. Once known as the Elektron Building, it was built in 1895 and is centrally located in downtown Fort Wayne.
Since 1876, Barrett McNagny has helped establish and sustain many of the area's leading businesses and public institutions. Among our diversified client base are banks, utilities, insurance companies, health care providers, manufacturers, media companies, and many small and intermediate sized businesses, for which we offer a full range of legal services. We also provide personal legal services, which include handling Medicare/Medicaid issues, adoptions, divorces, wills, and living wills, trusts, and estates.
To better serve such diverse clientele, Barrett McNagny's attorneys are divided into specialty sections according to their general legal practice areas. This structure enables our attorneys to practice efficiently, develop in-depth experience, and promptly assemble teams with combined legal talents to handle matters that require knowledge in several areas of law. This structure also allows Barrett McNagny lawyers to handle the most sophisticated of legal needs for their business clients, saving clients time and money.
We have attorneys licensed to practice in several states, including Indiana, Michigan, Ohio, Illinois, Iowa, New York, and Florida. Many of our attorneys are admitted to various courts throughout the U.S. and can be admitted through a process called pro hoc vice to other jurisdictions and courts as needed.
We're a team who is truly focused on getting our clients the results they deserve. And we do it all with the trusted, responsive counsel you've come to expect from Barrett McNagny.
- Administrative / Regulatory Law
- Antitrust Law
- Appellate Practice
- Banking and Finance Law
- Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights / Insolvency and Reorganization Law
- Bet-the-Company Litigation
- Business Organizations (including LLCs and Partnerships)
- Closely Held Companies and Family Businesses Law
- Commercial Finance Law
- Commercial Litigation
- Copyright Law
- Corporate Compliance Law
- Corporate Governance Law
- Corporate Law
- Employee Benefits (ERISA) Law
- Employment Law - Management
- Environmental Law
- Family Law
- Health Care Law
- Insurance Law
- Labor Law - Management
- Land Use and Zoning Law
- Litigation - Antitrust
- Litigation - Banking and Finance
- Litigation - Construction
- Litigation - Environmental
- Litigation - ERISA
- Litigation - Insurance
- Litigation - Intellectual Property
- Litigation - Labor and Employment
- Litigation - Land Use and Zoning
- Litigation - Mergers and Acquisitions
- Litigation - Patent
- Litigation - Real Estate
- Litigation - Securities
- Litigation - Trusts and Estates
- Litigation and Controversy - Tax
- Medical Malpractice Law - Defendants
- Mergers and Acquisitions Law
- Patent Law
- Product Liability Litigation - Defendants
- Public Finance Law
- Real Estate Law
- Securities / Capital Markets Law
- Securities Regulation
- Tax Law
- Trade Secrets Law
- Trademark Law
- Trusts and Estates
- Workers' Compensation Law - Employers
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.