30 The Best Lawyers in America® awards
11 Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch in America awards
Babst Calland is a law firm with a reputation for delivering the highest level of client service. Our philosophy is simple. As an integrated group of attorneys across a variety of disciplines, we work as a team, not as a group of sole practitioners.
We have been providing focused legal services to corporations, closely-held businesses and municipalities since 1986. We do not strive to be all things to all people. Instead, we strive to be the best in our focused practice areas. We approach our client’s business as if it were our own and treat everyone with the same level of respect. Together, we solve problems and allocate resources to provide the highest level of service in the most cost-effective manner possible. We began as a firm offering environmental, energy and business law services because our founding shareholders had in-depth knowledge in these areas. Although we have expanded our scope of practice, we still subscribe to an “in the trenches” approach by shaping solutions to solve problems. Many of our attorneys have prior experience working in both the public and private sectors. Our attorneys have a deep understanding of the issues our clients face, and can help them deal with their most pressing legal concerns in a practical and cost-effective manner.
- Babst Calland is ranked the seventh largest law firm in Pittsburgh, Pa.
- We employ attorneys in 12 integrated practice areas.
- Babst Calland has six office locations in Pittsburgh, Pa., Charleston, W.Va., Sewel, N.J. State College, Pa., and Washington, D.C.
- Babst Calland was recognized by the 2021 U.S. News – Best Lawyers® “Best Law Firms” list nationally in eight practice areas and regionally in 31 practice areas.
- 32 of our attorneys were selected by their peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America© 2021.
- Babst Calland was named as a national Go-To Law Firm® by ALM and Corporate Counsel magazine.
- Babst Calland is listed as the top environmental law practice in Pennsylvania by Chambers & Partners’ Chambers USA’s: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business.
- Our attorneys volunteer their time and talent to many community service organizations.
- Admiralty and Maritime Law
- Appellate Practice
- Banking and Finance Law
- Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights / Insolvency and Reorganization Law
- Bet-the-Company Litigation
- Closely Held Companies and Family Businesses Law
- Commercial Litigation
- Construction Law
- Corporate Law
- Employment Law - Management
- Energy Law
- Energy Regulatory Law
- Environmental Law
- Information Technology Law
- Labor Law - Management
- Land Use and Zoning Law
- Litigation - Bankruptcy
- Litigation - Construction
- Litigation - Environmental
- Litigation - Intellectual Property
- Litigation - Labor and Employment
- Litigation - Land Use and Zoning
- Mergers and Acquisitions Law
- Mining Law
- Municipal Law
- Natural Resources Law
- Oil and Gas Law
- Real Estate Law
- Trade Secrets Law
- Water Law
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.